Forums layout

Started by Puritan, 03 December 2011, 13:40:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

Quote from: Micky C on  15 December 2011, 12:53:14

I was also thinking about having a simple, general purpose "what are you working on now thread" but I'm not sure which forum to put it in! :P

I feel really bad about criticising because it's a great site you set up here, and it has a lot of potential :)

Thanks  :)

I've done a few corrections.

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Yeah that's better :)

I was going to post something before but apparently I was logged out and when I logged in it was gone. It was probably my fault.

What I was going to say was that most maps that'll be released in the future would use some form of TROR, since it's such a simple yet useful and powerful feature, so that there could be a forum dedicated to the releases of classic maps (vanilla, including TROR), and the other thread for mods/polymer/HRP releases, with one forum dedicated to everything WIP.
But what you've now done is basically that (except the WIP forum is still referred to as "classic") but that's only minor  :D

Edit: ok, now I"m confused, it appears the "what are you working on now thread" is in the classic releases forum?  ??? 2nd edit: ok I checked out the thread and nevermind, I'm just being too fussy, I'll leave you alone  :-X 3rd edit: saw the other WIP thread  :D (I'll stop editing now).
Wall whore.

Puritan

Heh... the first bot managed to register today.
Even with the captcha and the control question....

I've cranked up the security level a bit.  :D
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Arghantyl

Ouch.

Priest Puritan to save our preferate web site...
Another day,another challenge.

MSandt

It should be made so that clicking the logo above takes you to the main page so you don't have to type the address again if you wish to go back to the site.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Puritan

Quote from: MSandt on  25 December 2011, 18:08:33
It should be made so that clicking the logo above takes you to the main page so you don't have to type the address again if you wish to go back to the site.

It is a button in the main menu that says "Front"  :)
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

even though there's a front button, i agree about the logo being a quick link to the front page
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Quote from: MSandt on  25 December 2011, 18:08:33

I finally managed to do so  :D
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Added a "Tweet" and "Facebook" button on the top right of each topic  ;)

If you want to share a discussion, some cool screenshots or just want to pimp your work, the two mentioned buttons is your connection to the web!
Oh when I'm old and wise

Trooper Dan

Hello everyone.  I like the theme and layout here, it's very cheerful.

But the banner at the top needs help, imo.  The "Come get Some!" font looks like it belongs on a 50's style burger diner.  Then next to it "Duke 3D Forums" is in a gothic font that clashes with the other font.  And I don't believe either font suits Duke 3D.  That's my only criticism.

Puritan

Hi and welcome aboard, Dan  ;)
The fonts is picked by me for a reason.
It was supposed to match the font/layout of the original DN3D  cartoonish  style.
But I agree that it's not looking that good. I've been wondering about a new banner for weeks.
I'll change it in the near future  ;)
Oh when I'm old and wise

Mister Sinister

I don't know where to post it, but it seems that you can rate a map more than one time.
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Puritan

Yep you can.

I will not implement a cookie based script for preventing multiple ratings.
If someone, for an unknown reason, feels like rating over and over....so be it.
I don't think that would be a problem.
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Quote from: Puritan on  13 March 2012, 08:44:00
If someone, for an unknown reason, feels like rating over and over....so be it.

An author could repeatedly give his own map a 5  :-X
Wall whore.

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise