Mapster32 issue - Sprites disappears when moved

Started by David B., 20 May 2012, 17:22:25

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

Hi everybody -
I've got a problem with mapster32 : In a large specific area of the map (including several sectors) I cannot move sprites anymore.
After having moved a sprite to the right place it simply disappears in 3D mode & also in the game.
In 2D mode the sprites remains, they are still present.
What can I do ? For having tested in Polymer, these sectors seems to work properly. Any idea ?
David B.

Forge

Never heard that one before.

Are you using the latest snapshot?
Are the floors from where you are moving it from to the new location the same height? (they might be hovering in the air or disappearing into the floor/ceiling)
Have you tried copying them and simply making a new one where you want it (in 3D mode) and deleting the old one?
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

David B.

- Yes, I moved it at the same location : example, like a sprite effector (speed + music&fx sprites) moved by only 1 square to be set into the right position, so exactly on the same floor
   Same thing happens for decorative objects like trashcan, posters, ... every sprite located in a specific portion of the map (an entire corridor).

I tried (in 3D mode) to copy one of them and make a new one. Then deleting the old one, everything works... excepted that when I want to move them slightly to set it at the right
   place (I've got to go in 2D mode for that), it disappears totally when I'm back in 3D. There are not in the ceiling or the floor. There are just like invisible on the screen. I'm wondering if
   the sector effector is still active beyond the fact it remains invisible in mapster ?

So I had to put all the disappeared items, and tried to get them at the right place on the first insertion to avoid moving them.

- Latest snapshot ? Well I downloaded the latest version of eduke32 and mapster. Is there something special still to download ?

David B.

David B.

What's the max limit of sprites number I can use in a map ? Is it coming from that (highland is using A LOT) ?
David B.

pbolduc

I think you are far from the maximum sprite limit. I believe the max amount of sprites in one map is 16384. Parkade uses 4000 sprites and your map as of the last public post uses around 2500 sprites. You've got a long way to go.

Are you talking about the sprites disappearing in 2D grid mode? If so this might be an issue with TROR or sectors above another sector.  See if toggling between different layers helps by using "CTRL" + "A" and see if the sprites appear once doing so.

The latest Eduke synthesis build can be downloaded here: http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/20120520-2685/eduke32_win32_20120520-2685.zip

David B.

Hi, no I'm not using TROR.
Sprites disappears in 3D mode but are still on the 2D grid.
Thanks for the link, I'll check this out soon.
David B.

Puritan

Yeah, I encounter the same bug from time to time.
Delete and insert 'em again.
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
If you can not see - You can not truly know