Respawns with "AND" condition

Started by David B., 22 June 2012, 20:35:43

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

Hi everybody,

I would like to put respawns in a level, which should be triggered by a sequence of two touchplates or whatsoever.
Here is the gameplay I want to set up : 

1. First you walk on a specific area with a touchplate, for example a corridor leading to another room : but nothing must happen yet.
2. Second you walk further and enter in the second area (for example this room after the corridor) to fetch an access card :
    let's say that there's a touchplate also there.
3. When you come back to the first area (the corridor for example), THIS TIME the first touchplate will at least activate the respawn, so that
    monsters appears at the precise time the player is coming back.

Is it possible ? So here it's not a delayed respawn cause you never know when the player will come back and the point is to surprise him,
like... "what ? first time I walked here nothing happened... but in my way back this wall on the left now is exploding just in front of me and I've got 2 commanders kicking my ass, holy shit ! " Get it ?

David B.

Micky C

Inactive respawns is possible in Dukeplus, but I'm guessing you want the vanilla game.

Try making a very slim sector with a touchplate along one wall, then when the player activates the second touchplate, make the sector with the first touchplate expand across the hallway, that way when the player comes back, he'll step onto the new sector and trigger the respawns.
Wall whore.

Loke

Quote from: Micky C on  23 June 2012, 01:57:02
Try making a very slim sector with a touchplate along one wall, then when the player activates the second touchplate, make the sector with the first touchplate expand across the hallway, that way when the player comes back, he'll step onto the new sector and trigger the respawns.

I believe that's what Gambini did with It Lives. Neat little trick.

David B.

ok thanks for the tip, I'll try this.
David B.