My mod

Started by Loke, 28 June 2012, 19:28:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Loke

Called The Evasion, it's a small Half-Life mod set a few days after the Opposing Force events. Mapping started in mid-July last year and I plan on getting it out before the end of this year.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-evasion

As of a few months ago my The Thing map is on hold (if anyone even cared :P) at least until I've got this out of the door -- I'd rather not work on two different things at once.

Puritan

It's looking really good from the screenshots  ;)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Gambini

Quote from: Loke on  28 June 2012, 19:28:01
As of a few months ago my The Thing map is on hold (if anyone even cared :P)

I care  :(

Well your mod looks very good anyway, good luck with it. Are you implying that you won´t go back to The Thing until this new project is done?

Loke

Quote from: Gambini on  29 June 2012, 01:51:49
Well your mod looks very good anyway, good luck with it. Are you implying that you won´t go back to The Thing until this new project is done?

Correct. Hard to tell how long it'll take to get finished but if I'd estimate then it won't be for at least a few months.

MSandt

Cool thing, definitely looking forward to playing some HL again.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

David B.

This is really good, the screenshot of the xen world was really bluffing and the other ones seems to come from Half-Life itself, good job.
David B.

Loke

Anyone willing to test this before release? I've already played through it numerous times but some help regarding the balance and such would be nice.

Forge

don't own half life anymore
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

MSandt

I wouldn't mind giving it a try once I get back to my apartment (around 1-3rd of January).
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Loke

Seems like most people are enjoying it which is fun to hear. Glad to be finished with it though so now I can finally go back and finish up other long overdue stuff.

MSandt

Nice to see it's finally out. You should probably make a news post about it on your ModDB page.