News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

New release : hamilton pool

Started by David B., 01 July 2012, 11:24:17

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

Hi, here is something fresh for you.

This is a short map (>5min-<10min) but pretty cool. There are several ways to play it, that's not so linear.
I decided to share it today cause - while this litte level was a "personal" map - it has known evolutions for many years so far and is very nice now.
So I think it worths the release.

CGS Download

David B.

MSandt

Cool map, took me nearly 8 minutes. Expect a review within 30 minutes.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

MSandt

"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

David B.

Thanks, that's a great review !
David B.

Puritan

Just played it and it was very good  ;)
I'm glad you decided to share this one instead of hiding it away on a HD.
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
If you can not see - You can not truly know

David B.

I already thought about that a long time ago however the fruit wasn't yet ripe.
David B.

MSandt

You don't happen to have some super old version of this lying somewhere? Might be interesting to see how it's evolved.

David B.

I'm surprised you asked, but yes of course I kept all those versions carefully.
I sometimes play one of those oldies to have a look back on my skills progress.

Here is a file from April-2008 (there were difficulty levels, so choose 'come get some').
Shield your eyes, at the time the map was still poor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
David B.

MSandt

Interesting how it's got pretty much exactly the same layout and overall look, just that some areas are much more detailed in the new version (the bar is a good example). I liked the streetlights though.

David B.

Yes, architecture and shading was poor but it was the same layout (no columns, barely some trimming, ...)
The 1999 version had no street, and was really oversized.

David B.

Forge

Fun little map.

Had company staying over the weekend, but I managed to play it yesterday morning just before everyone woke up
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Merlijn

Very cool, I liked it a lot. I like how you take 1 theme and build a whole map around it. Design was very good, I especially liked the pool itself. This map confirms that my skills are getting rusty though, as I got killed twice in the beginning.  :-[

David B.

Quote from: Merlijn on  02 July 2012, 17:44:17
Very cool, I liked it a lot. I like how you take 1 theme and build a whole map around it. Design was very good, I especially liked the pool itself. This map confirms that my skills are getting rusty though, as I got killed twice in the beginning.  :-[
Thanks. Yeah that's not easy, I sometimes die too just after the entrance doors.

@Forge
The review is great and I never thought this map could be appreciated so much.
I whish I could have more maps from those years 1999-2000 to update. I'm gonna check it out...

David B.

methy

Good map. Very classic style due to the fact it sticks to own theme, has interconnecting areas, cool secrets, humoristic stuff, & details like every extinguisher giving an explosion etc.

The map looks also very clean, nothing to complain about texture or shading wise.

The only problem I had with it is that I died twice at the start : there are several paths to choose from but if you don't take the right one you're pretty much fucked ammo&health wise.

Took 10 mins.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

David B.

Quote from: methy on  11 July 2012, 20:50:33
The only problem I had with it is that I died twice at the start : there are several paths to choose from but if you don't take the right one you're pretty much fucked ammo&health wise.
;D
David B.