News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

Mapster32 - Mouse Aiming troubles in 3D mode

Started by David B., 23 July 2012, 11:13:39

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

Hi,

I've now some troubles with texturing in 3D mode with mapster32.
When the mouse pointer is on a wall part, pointing on a specific texture, in reality there is an offset of the position on the screen so that I'm in reality pointing somewhere beside. I've already tried several screen resolution which affects more and less that problem but didn't resolve it.

Anyone has an idea to help me how to "calibrate" the cross mouse so that, when I'm aiming a precise surface on the screen, I'm exactly on the right position ?
David B.

Micky C

That happens in polymost, to fix it you should map in polymer. (it was a choice between polymer and polymost to have the offset so they gave the right pointing to polymer)
Wall whore.

David B.

I'm already working in Polymer. When I was in Polymost I did'nt have that problem so much.
How could I change this offset, is there any config to set up ?
David B.

Micky C

I'm not sure, Duke4.net is probably the place to ask, as this is more of a mapping forum than an eduke32 forum. Make sure you're using the latest eduke32 just in case.
Wall whore.

Forge

i experienced that problem when mapping in a wide screen resolution. then it happened again while using full screen view. haven't noticed it while using a resolution that is a factor of 800 x 600 and in windowed mode.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass