News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Galbadia

Started by MSandt, 13 September 2012, 22:07:03

Previous topic - Next topic

MSandt

Here's a new city map, Galbadia, by MetHunter, Steambull, yours truly and MRCK.

Enjoy perverts!

CGS - review/download
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Puritan

That's awesome!  :)

Edit: Played it. A very well done map. Recommended!
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

Merlijn

Wow, that's unexpected! Gonna play it ASAP  8)

Sanek

Quote from: Merlijn on  14 September 2012, 13:43:22
Wow, that's unexpected!
Totally agree!
I'm played in it. It's a nice city map(with some alien areas) with good gameplay. The quality of mapping will hold down at some parts, but OK anyway.  The boss fight is rather easy - you just can run in one of the houses and he can't do nothing with you!

P.S. I just discovered the bug  - when you sit on the red car on the main street, you can see the aliens area.

Forge

the bug is also exploited by running into this window, it clips the player into the alien tunnel. I finished the map without using the red or yellow key. I finished the map using only one blue key. (I went back and looked around some.)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

MSandt

We know about that and we don't care about it. You can't really get there unless you're specifically trying to fuck it up as you need to crouch jump.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

actually all i did was run into it (i was in a hurry to avoid the flying pigcop patrol) with the intentions of either trying kicking the glass to see if it would break or pressing use to see if it slid open, and it immediately clipped me. i wonder if blocking the window sill instead of just the glass would fix the issue.

oh well, nobody at duke4 seems to have noticed, and barely anybody reads these forums or dares to mention this site at duke4, so it's our little secret

Puritan

One way or the other....it's a good map.
One of the best releases as of 2012 in my opinion. ;)

Keep it coming, guys!!!

Puritan

Reviewed and bunged to our server  ;)

methy

Blah, damn SoS !  :'(

thanks for the review and good feedback.
I personally am not even that found or proud of the map (I still believe Sex City in the MM episode is the best thing i've ever built), but maybe that's because I spent so much time in it and the mapping has dragged on for so long I stopped getting impressed by it anymore.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

been sick the last few days so it's not exactly a glamorous review (you can tell by the grammatical nightmare I submitted)

Merlijn

It's a very enjoyable map! I'm not going to lie: although I liked the return of the retro style with Metropolian Mayhem, it's nice to something more detailled again.

Design is very good overall, I liked how the library turned out to be the centerpiece of the level and especially the appartments were very well designed (some great texture combo's as well). Some nice jokes as well.

Gameplay was good as well, I don't think I died once and it's always nice to see the recon patrol vehicles. Thank God the amount of turrets was very limited this time (MRCK tends to overuse them).

The newbeast fight prior to the boss fight was more interesting then the boss fight itself. The overlord hardly puts up a fight, so it's really easy to beat him.

MSandt

Thanks for the review! I just played the map for the billionth time and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Gameplay turned out pretty well after all.

Quote from: Merlijn on  16 September 2012, 13:35:09
The newbeast fight prior to the boss fight was more interesting then the boss fight itself. The overlord hardly puts up a fight, so it's really easy to beat him.

The idea was that upon deactivating the force field and awakening the drones the player would react by escaping through the teleport. Some drones may follow you through it. What potentially causes confusion are the Devastator & items next to the door so people end up pushing the deactivation switch prior to checking their backs.