[RELEASE] Brooklyn Bridge

Started by pbolduc, 12 October 2012, 06:03:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Gambini

I appreciate your moral values guys.

pbolduc

Okay so i've finished making the changes to the map now. I didn't want to pester you guys until I was completely sure I wasn't going to touch the map again. So here's the final copy of the map. Please base your review off this revision.

Thanks guys

Or you can just grab a copy of the map from here:
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5568

You can be assured now Forge that each one of those benches have been made by me without stealing anything from any other map. They resemble Gambini's bench in the sense they use the same sprite leg tile and fabric tile but aside for their position, angle, location, shade and size they have all been modified and redone to avoid conflict with Gambini.

There are only so many sides to a 4 legged bench a back and a seat. How much more original can a person get? Honestly, this has been blown out of proportion and now they don't even look the same.

Gambini are you ok now? I am not trying to piss you off that wasn't my intention.

Okay i've changed the legs on the bench I found a sprite that works. I will post an updated screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gambini

I will show my most flexible side this time and just get over it. It has indeed been blown out of proportion and nothing at this point will fix the bitter taste this whole thing left me. I was about to finish a map that took me about a year, for my Half life 2 project when saw your release thread. I was high there having an awesome mapping time and everything went thru the WC when I saw my benches just next to the playerstart. I´ve just lost my momentum and it´ll take a while now to get inspiration again.

At this point, the fact that the benches are still identical (they still are) is just anecdotic. There are a millon ways to make a wood bench in Duke Nukem, that´s maybe the most important factor of why this game has lasted so much for us: everything is possible with Build.

So, yes. Puritan and Forge can review and upload this map that I won´t be upset nor leave the forums. But remember, Paul B, next time you see something in any of my maps that you´d want to see in yours: Take a mental note -or a screenshot- and make your version. Do not copy-paste it, because that´s something I don´t want. It´s my intelectual property at the end, and even if there´s no law protecting it, it´s very low to blatanty ignore an author´s will with regards to his work.

EDIT: Didn´t saw the 3rd shot when posted. It´s ok man. Just do it how you feel. I´m also attaching an alternative i just thought of:

[attachment deleted by admin]

pbolduc

Gambini I lack your creative eye for inventing shit i can't see. I'm sorry if this has been a burden to you. Please accept my sincere appologies I will make this right. I have changed the legs on the bench to make the bench look heavier and different.
I hope this can suffice. Take care man and again i'm sorry for stepping on your toes.

Forge

Time heals after an agreeable compromise/change has been achieved

I should have some time tomorrow. If not, then Tuesday at the latest (Monday's schedule is shot)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

pbolduc

Forge thank you! I will await your  review as I am looking forward to seeing my map hosted on this site.

Gambini

Ok, apologizes accepted and peace and weed for everyone.

I´m gonna play your map any time soon, but for the record there´s something you should revise: When I tried it I entered a room with brown bricks at the rightside of the walkway where the player starts. It´s like a small storage room with a TROR table and a viewscreen and there´s a liztroop respawn. Well this liztroop managet to get inside the table, making him impossible to kill because he seemed to be inside the bottom sector and he would blink and shoot but never get out and I couldn´t shoot him either. I think small things like that table would be much more reliable as simple spritework.

MSandt

Uh, I for one am sickened by the so-called "morals" around these parts. You cannot just let one man hold a map review hostage. And before someone mentions Dogville, the only reason I semi-removed it from MSDN was because the author asked me to. If it had been just Pascal I'd have told him to fuck off.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Quote from: MSandt on  14 October 2012, 14:25:41
Uh, I for one am sickened by the so-called "morals" around these parts.

That's why we love you so very much  :-*

Loke

pbolduc

Forge please just grab the map from here before you review and upload. I've made a few changes hopefully to improve the gameplay. Thanks, last time I promise.

http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5580

Forge

no problem. circumstances arose that kept me from spending any time on the computer Sunday

edit: done and submitted

Puritan

Reviewed and bunged to our server  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

David B.

Well, I would make a small observation about the rating, the total being 93, not 92 ....  ::)
David B.

Puritan

My god....Forge.
You need to change batteries in your calculator  ;D
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise