Duke Nukem Boards > Duke 3D Resources

General Mapster32 Help Thread

(1/25) > >>

Micky C:
Tired of making a new thread for every tiny little quick fix problem  ;)

First question:
Is it possible to make a sliding door (SE 15) effect work with touchplates? I've never gotten it to work and it would come in handy.

Forge:
No.

At least not directly. There may be a work around where a touchplate activates something else which then activates the door (try using the high tag of an SE 15 for a shared effect number) , but I've never explored trying to activate a sliding door using a chain of sequences, so I don't know if it's possible either.

quakis:

--- Quote from: Micky C on October 20, 2012, 02:21:12 PM ---Is it possible to make a sliding door (SE 15) effect work with touchplates? I've never gotten it to work and it would come in handy.
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried this idea out, so I'm just throwing it out there. Would the trick to making 'timed respawns' also work here? Have it activate a ST20 door which then triggers a second activator upon closing, which affects the slide door?

Micky C:
Alright, I'll give those a go when I have some time, thanks.

David B.:
I've got a problem to submit : is there any command in mapster to replace every texture in a map with a certain tile number, by another one this automatically ?

I just do not want change an ugly skybox "sector by sector", moreover it just doesn't work properly cause there's always a remaining sector somewhere you haven't changed and you even cannot find it, and of course there's a glitch in the parallax when you're in the game with the coexistence of two textures.

Help would be appreciated on this issue !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version