maybe i'm on thin ice as well, put a masterswitch in the helper sector
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

Quote from: Forge on  29 April 2013, 15:46:51
Quote from: Micky C on  29 April 2013, 13:54:41
aren't being activated by the activator in the helper sector
maybe i'm on thin ice as well, put a masterswitch in the helper sector

I tried that. No dice.

I did consider shooters, I was hoping that there was an easier way. But now that I think about it the shooter method isn't all that hard.
Thanks.
Wall whore.

Micky C

The shooter method worked btw  :)

Now, I was wondering if any of the shooters don't go all funky with their aiming when you're too far away? I wanted to use the RPG but that just ends up shooting directly upwards 90% of the time due to the large distances involved causing overflow errors.
Wall whore.

Forge

i think the shrinker should work over long distances

Micky C

Ah, I should have been more clear, a shooter that tracks the player (including height). Although it's looking pretty pessimistic at this point.
Wall whore.

Micky C

I have a subway vehicle with a lot of nested sectors within the car (in fact most of it is nested sectors), but the problem is, these sectors don't "grab" the player, and I keep sliding off when I get on. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it? The relativity bits are all set, and all the sectors have the same hitag and everything.
Wall whore.

Forge

i never messed with subways nor trains too much so i'd need a sample map to tinker with

Micky C

Are you implying I should send you a simple map?
Wall whore.

Forge

you can if you want, but like i said, not really my area of expertise since i never used that effect to any extent beyond simple small stuff.
i would tinker with it and see if "ignorance is bliss" and maybe stumble onto a solution
-or- you can take a pass and wait for someone who knows what the hell they're doing. won't hurt my feelings if you'd rather take that road.

Micky C

Ok here you go. If you fail, I'll try to get someone else anyway  :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
Wall whore.

Gambini

In a subway (both systems) The only active sector that moves sprites, enemies or players is the big outer -or main- sector. All the nested sectors that move with it are going to be decorative and all their vertexes must be shared with the main sector (you can´t even stand on those sectors because they won´t move you).

For two ways trains you can place all kind of spritework -again- on the main sector. And with regular subway trains you can too place sprites but they´re going to move from their original position a little bit with every curve the train takes.

Micky C

That's unfortunate. Well thanks for the help, I guess I'll have to modify my subway and hope I can do a reasonable compromise.
Wall whore.

DavoX

Can anyone remember if you could make a 2 way train with more than one car? (without using one long main sector)

Gambini