General Mapster32 Help Thread

Started by Micky C, 20 October 2012, 14:21:12

Previous topic - Next topic

DavoX

Now that I look at what I've posted, it sounds a bit angry or whatever, it wasn't my intention. I was distracted when I posted that :)

Forge

stop trying to type with one hand
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

Quote from: DavoX on  07 August 2013, 02:35:20
Now that I look at what I've posted, it sounds a bit angry or whatever, it wasn't my intention. I was distracted when I posted that :)

All is forgiven when you finish Freerunner.
Wall whore.

DavoX

David B.

I guess it's the right place to post about something odd related to mapster32/or the game ;

I found out that when I use an explodable sprite (gas bottle in this case) combined to a masterswitch to trigger the explosion, the explosion doesn't occur (no sound, no blast) if the exploding sprite (the gas bottle) lotag is set to 0 (delay). Only the screen will shake for 1sec (and BTW I find this anomaly very interesting).

Is this trick known ? Someone could confirm ?
David B.

DavoX

Micky C

IIRC that "glitch" is mentioned in the info suite.
Wall whore.

David B.

Damnit ! Yes. It's mentionned in the demolition section, not in the "oddities".
David B.

David B.

Is there anybody who could give me some clues about a trick ?

I don't know how to make some sprites move in a rotative movement, this movement triggered by a small rotative sector (so the sector is not noticed but only the "flying sprites" are seen by the player) ? The purpose is to make some flying insects around a trash can in an outdoor environment.

The sprites are outside the rotative sector (objects are spread while the sector is as thin as possible), but nevertheless they are carried away by the rotation ! I know it's possible, but the way to do this is not clear.
I guess this is only doable with "active" sprites, but that's not a problem (Now if this is also doable with any kind of sprite it would be even better...)

Also, I hardly understand what's the function of the "owner" of a sprite in its properties ? (This is related with the technique I'm trying to figure out above)

Help would be appreciated.

David B.

Puritan

Ask senor Gambini  ;)
Or open his map " It Lives" in Mapster32.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Gambini

Yeah you can either put the sprites -physically- in the sector and play with the x offset value to make them look like they´re outside (different offset values will give different distances). Or put the sprites wherever you want and manually edit their sectnum. You´ll have better results with the latter option but it requires you to edit the map in expertmode and that is dangerous.

You can use "dead" sprites for both options, but their statnum must be 2 or they´ll glitch.

David B.

Many thanks, Master.  :)
Your help is really appreciated, that's a trick I ever whished to do.
David B.

Puritan

I know....I suck  :D
I've downloaded the latest EDuke32 just now ( 02 feb 2014 version) but there was no Mapster32 in the package.
Where did Mapster32 go?
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

High Treason

[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

Ahh....thanks man  :)

I find it a bit strange that you'll have to download a SDK file in order to upgrade an existing program...
Oh...well, I'm getting old.
Oh when I'm old and wise