General Mapster32 Help Thread

Started by Micky C, 20 October 2012, 14:21:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukebot

Hi guys, I have one question about mapster32.

I want to copy and paste sectors. I have read a lot of FAQs and they say that with [RIGHT ALT] I can draw a box, but no, it only workd with build, not with mapster32. Is there any key in mapster32 that equals the [RIGHT ALT] in build?

methy

It's a glitch in recent mapster which prevents the ability.

I have 2 mapsters installed, the most recent one, and when i want to copy paste, I used an older. The one I use is from august 2013 and copy/pasting does work in that one. you can find it in that list http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Dukebot

Thanks a lot!  ;D

EDIT: I downloaded it and it works very well. I don't understand how I mapped until today without copy pastin sectors, this sava A LOT OF TIME.

I have another question, what are the differences between the new mapster and the old one? because if there are not major differnces I will use the old one all the time.

Puritan

I've encountered the same problem with the latest Mapster.( ver 1.9.9.9)
But when I used the Mapster32.debug.exe file instead it worked again.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

I don't think there's anything special in the newer mapster that would require you to use it.
Note that you can still select sectors by holding alt and the plus button on the keyboard with the mouse over the extor of interest, and releasing alt.

I highly recommend you read my guides for good mapping and mapping quickly, they'll probably help you out a lot. I'm on my phone so I can't link them at the moment.
Wall whore.

Forge

well stand up and pry your phone out of your crack
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

In the time it took you to make that post, you could have also included a reference to my guides.

http://www.scent-88.com/forum/index.php/topic,221.0.html
Wall whore.

Dukebot

Quote from: Micky C on  22 March 2014, 11:32:49
In the time it took you to make that post, you could have also included a reference to my guides.

http://www.scent-88.com/forum/index.php/topic,221.0.html

When I wanted to Copy paste was because I readed in your guide. I found this guide on steam and it's so usefull. Good job Micky C.

Captain Massive

Quote from: Micky C on  18 January 2013, 01:36:41
So I want to make a lift where when you press the button to go down, a forcefield activates so you can't leave, then the forcefield switches off when it's reached the destination (I plan to use a two-way train or something for that bit)

But the question is, is there any way that I can get the forcefield to start off deactivated, or maybe some mechanism where I can get the player to deactivate it, while still having it work normally given it needs to work in conjunction with the lift?

I did this by accident recently link it to a switch that in the OFF position.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Quote from: Forge on  19 July 2013, 05:44:23
i know. i tried to make a flashing neon sign on top of a nightclub in my last map. went through all the work to set up a bunch of cycling sectors, got everything timed just right, and then found out the letters wouldn't light up because they were wall aligned.
(flipped them to floor aligned and it worked great - if you happen to be flying over with a jetpack  :P)

Sector Effector 4's work for that as far as I can tell.
Massive Out....

Puritan

Quote from: Captain Massive on  13 October 2014, 21:04:49
Quote from: Forge on  19 July 2013, 05:44:23
i know. i tried to make a flashing neon sign on top of a nightclub in my last map. went through all the work to set up a bunch of cycling sectors, got everything timed just right, and then found out the letters wouldn't light up because they were wall aligned.
(flipped them to floor aligned and it worked great - if you happen to be flying over with a jetpack  :P )

Sector Effector 4's work for that as far as I can tell.

Well, I reckon neither Fuji nor Coca-Cola want their neon sign flickering.
SE4 does exactly that.
A cycler trick would control the lights.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

SE4 is not the effect i wanted - i was trying to get the letters light up in sequence one at a time. then when the whole word was lit up it'd go dim and start over.

i needed to be able to control the speed/timing. it might be possible, but trying to get the timing on an 11 letter word would have been more trouble than it was worth -  and it still has a randomness to the effect. You can hi-tag it to flash once per two seconds, but you can't really control which part of the two seconds it's going to decide to flash.

Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Captain Massive

Good point unless you wanted it to act busted looking like a from dusk till dawn mexican bar this simply would not do the trick.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Maybe SE8's or SE12's on timers but only if its horizontal.
Massive Out....

Puritan

Quote from: Forge on  13 October 2014, 23:20:27
SE4 is not the effect i wanted - i was trying to get the letters light up in sequence one at a time. then when the whole word was lit up it'd go dim and start over.

i needed to be able to control the speed/timing. it might be possible, but trying to get the timing on an 11 letter word would have been more trouble than it was worth -  and it still has a randomness to the effect. You can hi-tag it to flash once per two seconds, but you can't really control which part of the two seconds it's going to decide to flash.

From the top of my head ( at work....).
Could it be done with putting each letter in a small sector and parallax the "ceiling" of this tiny sectors?
Oh when I'm old and wise