Problem with new sounds / doesn't work properly

Started by David B., 21 October 2012, 22:05:33

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

Hello

I've got a problem with this : I have made my own barmusic.voc sound to replace the original one (born to be wild). I put it in the game folder, and also a copy in a specific folder with the user map.

The .VOC file is in mono / 16 bits, size 1632 ko.

When I'm mapping, this new .voc file is perfectly working in the editor, I can hear it in 3D mode (I'm working with Polymer version).

But once I launch the game and load my map (from the game folder or from a specific folder, I tried both), I just hear the old bar music, the new file doesn't work. At the past, just puting the new file(s) in your main folder was enough to make it work properly, provided the file format was correct.

Well, now it's different ; I don't know how to proceed to make the sound file work properly also in the game ! So that's how comes the noob question. ::)

...and I don't feel like touching at the .con files or whatsoever - excepted if there's no other way - my purpose being to limitate the files number to go with the future map and to make it easier as I possibly could.

So anyone could help and tell where the problem comes from ?
Many thanks.

David B.

Puritan

You know that Barmusic and Born to wild are two different voc files right?

I don't understand this.
The EDuke is set up to give precedence to files added to the root folder.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

High Treason

Are you using any sound or music packs? If so, that might break it. Try not using the pack if you have one installed.

Also, as far as I am aware, you can use .wav and .ogg files to replace sounds without editing the .con file (I may be wrong, but I'm sure I remember this working) which would likely give you better quality than a .voc.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

David B.

I'm using a music pack but as I don't use it I'm gonna get rid of it.
Quote from: Puritan on  21 October 2012, 23:32:56
You know that Barmusic and Born to wild are two different voc files right?
Yes, the right file name is 2bwild.voc which I use to replace the original one.
I'll check this evening that the suppression of the music pack can change something, but it's two different thing : in this case I want to change an ambient sound, not a level music.

David B.

David B.

Quote from: High_Treason on  21 October 2012, 23:33:39
Are you using any sound or music packs? If so, that might break it. Try not using the pack if you have one installed.
That's it, I removed the music pack and now it's working properly.

Thanks.
David B.