[RELEASE] Atomic Arena

Started by pbolduc, 25 November 2012, 09:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

pbolduc

Hi guys,

I've posted a new user map on the Duke4.net forums. I thought i'd break the ice there first just because I didn't have any beta testers thoroughly go through this map so just to make sure the map plays out I just let people play it and comment. So instead of double posting the map and the images I'll just include this link and I would appreciate it if someone could play it, rate it and make it a part of this community Duke website. Thanks guys have fun and take your time playing the map it will pay off. This map requires Polymer and is best experienced using the Duke HRP pack.

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/6072-release-atomic-arena/

Micky C

Why not post some photos here? At the very least Puritan can include them with the review.
Wall whore.

pbolduc

Oh I wasn't sure if they wanted the extra bloat on the forums okay i'll post a few if it makes it easier for them

[attachment deleted by admin]

pbolduc

Just wanted to note that the map has been updated one final time to disable Mantling for those running Duke Plus and unable to finish the map because of that mod.

Forge

mirroring what i said at the other forum: interesting and fun map, but needs some polishing.

the map was designed for HRP and polymer, but it can probably be played by those with lower powered machines without the HRP and polymer lights disabled. it's a fun map and worth the "hassle" to type the command in the console

edit: i think i submitted the original version with the review since i don't use dukeplus (for reviews) unless specified to do so in the template. Puritan might want to grab the latest version for upload purposes
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

[Parkade-mode] Sure about this is the final version? [/Parkade]  ;D
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

pbolduc

Are you willing to buy me some time to make some corrections to the map before you upload it to the website? or is it too late? All I have to say is Forge is very thorough when he reviews a user map. I am grateful for the time he spends on my maps and the experience he brings to the table.

Thanks

Puritan

It's been uploaded already .
But I can wait for the 5-6 next updates and then upload it again.  ;D
Only one small issue: The zip. file must be named exactly the same as the original.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

pbolduc

No problem sir! Thank you very much!

Forge

lmao!

Puritan needs a Jamaican accent and his own phone line for making predictions and reading fortunes.

"Hello, Mrs. Frode, I think my girlfriend is cheating on me."  ;D

Puritan

" Thy shall not fear..."
" I can see a fortune coming your way Mr..  eh...Forting....ehm...Forsythe....eh...Forge!"
"For a small fee I can ask the spirits..."
[/spam]

Take your time Paul.
Forge is an excellent nitpicker beta tester  ;D
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Quote from: Puritan on  26 November 2012, 15:55:29
[Parkade-mode] Sure about this is the final version? [/Parkade]  ;D

Actually you're not going to like this but I've got another update for Parkade you should upload... it's been sitting on my hard drive for a while. It's because I noticed the current version on the site has an extremely obvious and ugly texture misalignment amongst other things, because back in the day Paul liked to submit updates without letting me have a look first  ::) but you can be sure this is the final version since Paul and I have long since moved onto other stuff.
Wall whore.

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise

methy

Where is the first keycard? I keep turning in round.

I unlocked something with a hidden button in the office with the safe locked by the blue keylock but couldn't find what it unlocked.
BTW I found that button because its light with polymer showed on the other side of the wall.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

been awhile so don't count on the accuracy of this:

go all the way back down the main corridor to the first office. iirc there's a button on a desk that opens a panel in a wall disguised as a painting.