Release: Knee Deep in the Dead for WGRealms 2 (Polymer & Classic)

Started by Micky C, 10 December 2012, 09:46:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

I'm lazy, so I'll just link to the Duke4.net thread for info, pics and download.

But it's a huge usermap for WGRealms 2, plus a few minor new features and new boss, with the polymer version being probably the most thoroughly lit Duke maps released to date. Probably even more so than Duke Nukem Eternity.

Link: http://forums.duke4.net/topic/6109-release-knee-deep/

If it's going to be uploaded here, please wait a bit in case the map has problems. Besides, it'll be hosted at moddb anyway.

CGS Download
Wall whore.

Forge

Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

That's good, because it's been 2 days and not a soul has commented saying they've finished the episode  :(

I would have thought people would be more excited about a WGRealms release after all this time, plus it being a really well lit polymer project (in addition to a classic version for Gambini and friends).
Wall whore.

Gambini

I donĀ“t even remember WGR2 game mechanics nor have it installed. But what the hell, will find the time to give it a look one of these days.

Forge

just started in on this and been chipping away at it. think i'm on the second map. looks and plays pretty good (using polymer). not having any lag issues so far (i usually don't unless i run polymer & hrp at the same time). i keep dying from my own mistakes. constantly forgetting that i have to heal myself instead of automatically when health is picked up. been awhile since i played wgr2, but i'll get the hang of it eventually.

Micky C

So the review for this thing is now up (thanks Forge). Did you get the darkness issue sorted out with Drek before posting the download?
Wall whore.

Forge

i pointed them out, but there was never any mention of trying to fix 'em.

some are attributed to the snapshot that came with it.

either con Puritan into updating the review text again and add a comment about the recommended snapshot - or - just wait for the upcoming WGR2 to be released and maybe that will fix things.

engine problems come and go

people can adjust their gamma & contrast, and ambient light level in the mean time

Micky C

Wait for the upcoming WGRealms 2 to be released? That's looking years away at this point. DT hasn't popped his head in for ages. He seems to be waiting for the mappers to get stuff done, and the mappers are waiting for the coder to get stuff done  :P
Luckily Norvak works on his episode moderately consistently, and I chip away at my episode for the odd minute or so. When he's finished, there's a good chance the rest of us (including DanM) would be motivated to get our act together.
Wall whore.