A New Project - Ocher Mountains

Started by Helixirr, 19 December 2012, 21:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Helixirr

Hey, you, sitting right in front of the computer (I guess)!  :o Yeah, I'm talking to you!  8) I have a some great news - I'm willing to create a new mapping project!  :)

That's right, I got this crazy idea after spending a lot of time on other projects like the ones people do at school. Basic stuff, but exhausting, too.

So, what kind of mapping project, you may ask? Well, just take a look at the pictures and tell me, what do you think! :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Current project(s):
CBP9
Tim Firch - The Plans Of Dr. Deta

Forge

There's some good shading and texture combos in those shots
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

Wall whore.

Helixirr

Thanks for the feedback.  8) If you are familiar with my previous releases, you pretty much know what to expect in terms of the atmosphere of the level.  :)

However, this time around I'm utilizing the latest TROR effect (if you noticed that in the first picture I posted). It literally brings a new dimension to the level, adds more depth and looks fascinating! I try to do my best to prevent graphical glitches, but it isn't always possible.

So far so good, I already designed the inside of the alien ship a little, but I'm willing to redesign it, because the design didn't feel as slick as I wanted it to feel.
Current project(s):
CBP9

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Helixirr

Me too! :) I tried to find a way to do optimal trimwork and thanks to TROR, it is possible, not perfect, but good.  ;)

I don't want to spoil anything too much, but you might see a glimpse of a loading dock, a laboratory area with natural/high-tech look with underwater sequences and alien ship invasion. Don't know how the invasion turns out, but for the other parts I have somewhat blurry vision in my mind.

I'll post some screenshots later on. For now, I'd like to get any kind of feedback.  :D Go on, I won't bite - hard...  ;D
Current project(s):
CBP9

MSandt

So what happened to the map you were working on?
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

MikeNorvak

Are you Razor?? Right? Those shots looks great!

I remember you posted some shots of that map just when TROR had been released...

Helixirr

Quote from: MSandt on  20 December 2012, 19:26:14
So what happened to the map you were working on?

If you mean the earlier map I was working on months/years ago (Laboratory Lancer), I lost it. I tried to find it, but no luck.  :( What's even worse is that the links for the pictures on Repository don't work anymore, so there's no way I could rebuild some of the sections I already built based on those pictures. I'd highly appreciate the one who manages to recover the pictures on the forums there.  :)

Quote from: MikeNorvak on  21 December 2012, 04:50:45
Are you Razor?? Right? Those shots looks great!

I remember you posted some shots of that map just when TROR had been released...

Good to hear you remember who I am.   ;)
Current project(s):
CBP9

Loke

I thought you were dead. Nice to see that you're back.

Helixirr

I'm alive and kicking (ass)!

I'm having problems with TROR - there are some sectors I can't modify! What the f**k!?
Current project(s):
CBP9

Gambini

Oh damn multiple names! I dont know why but I thought you were that Nerdzilla guy that used to post at duke4.net.

Glad to see you around Razorz and people should stop using multiple names. I hate when that happens.

Puritan

Still working on this project Mr Helixirr ?  :D
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Tell him he can't work on this until he finishes his CBP section  :P Apparently it's mostly finished already.
Wall whore.

methy

I recognized it was Razor from the screenshots alone... didn't even look at the name.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games