[RELEASE] LORCH: Abducted

Started by Sanek, 21 December 2012, 21:30:15

Previous topic - Next topic

High Treason

Old news is old, I can post over there now.

As for this LORCH, I'll give it a go when I get time.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

MSandt

"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Sanek

Well, I read the reviews (can Puritan add the link to the site's review?) and kinda surprised by it. Thanks guys!
Of course, it get a sequel when free time comes in. But I guess the story ended too abruptly and it's not good?
As for my own opinion about the map, then I'm happy with everything but the street. Damn, once again it's this layout like in Bad Night or Christmas Carol. I've tried to change it, but got disappointed even more. And once again it's a hub-style city map, but damn, almost every city map is done that way..
Oh, and Merlijn as co-author, it's amazing. Gee, it was the same "mrline" who made the Red series.  :o

Loke

Nah, the story was good as it hooked me and made me want to know more but yeah, it ended a bit abruptly.

Merlijn

A sequel would be good to expand on the story. Thanks for the reviews guys! I personally really like the way the map ended up to be, to me it has a lot of replay value and, like Mikko said, Saneks parts and my parts go together pretty well.

As for the HUB-style: it's a working formula, so there's nothing wrong with using it. I did try to spice it up a bit by adding some scenes of destruction and some more variety in the progression (such as the rooftop sequences and the way you progress from the underground facility to the next location) and I think it's that kind of stuff that keeps maps like this interesting.

High Treason

Took me about 25 mins to complete. A very fun map with great design, I liked the rooftop part with the alien ship.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]