[RELEASE] LORCH: Abducted

Started by Sanek, 21 December 2012, 21:30:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanek

Well, here it is, a new city map by Sanek & Merlijn! Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xibucjgeu6q6rqp

It's a small city map, and as Merlijn said, it's roch-like level on a smaller scale, with some touches of the red series and original 3dr style. "LORCH2 stands "Lots of Roaring Chewing Hams", and word "Abducted" is connected with a story, which some of you can find interesting. ;)

Some screens:

We hope you will enjoy it!

CGS - Download

Loke

Excellent map. A bit short but who the hell cares. Would like to see a sequel to it though. ;)

Forge

time permitting and no unforeseeable events popping up at the last minute, i should have this done within the next couple days.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

zykoveddy

Fuck, I was expecting to see Alejandro  :'(
Nice map, though. I liked it.

One flaw - it's possible to take a yellow keycard without turning off the forcefield. Also, some text is hard to read
From the flight of the seagull come the spread claws of the eagle.

Loke

Anyone willing to post this at Duke4?

Merlijn

As one of the authors, I'm willing to post it at duke4. :)

Also, it will probably get a sequel.

Forge

the only major problem I came across was the button in the science lab behind the red "screen". damn thing would not activate. jumping, crouching, moving around at all angles like a monkey on meth before it finally let me push it.

Merlijn

I never had too much difficulty with that switch, most of the times I can push it right away and sometimes it took a few tries.. Maybe it only works at certain angles and you got extremely unlucky?

I made the thread at Duke4 btw. :) Guess who gets the rep points?  :P

Loke

Strange. I also had issues with the button but none whatsoever when I played the beta map numerous times.

Forge

Quote from: Merlijn on  22 December 2012, 19:02:16
I never had too much difficulty with that switch, most of the times I can push it right away and sometimes it took a few tries.. Maybe it only works at certain angles and you got extremely unlucky?

I made the thread at Duke4 btw. :) Guess who gets the rep points?  :P

I figured it was just bad luck on my part since nobody else said anything about it. I didn't hold it against the map as far as the score went and didn't even mention it in the review.

Yea. I made a thread for High Treason's map at Duke4 since his posting privileges were revoked. I tried to make sure credit was given where credit was due, but some goofball kept giving me points anyway. Those rep scores aren't important to me, but they are to others, so I attempted to deflect them to where they belonged.

Gambini

Maybe they gave you rep points for being nice on sharing the map.

Anyway, I´ve been really off with releases recently, haven´t played any map in months. But I´m gonna hit this one too soon.

Micky C

Sorry if I'm reopening any wounds but why can't High Treason post at Duke4.net anymore?

Edit: Don't worry Forge, I took away that rep point you got for the thread  :)
Ah, the best things in life are pointless.
Wall whore.

Gambini

Quote from: Micky C on  23 December 2012, 07:14:27
Sorry if I'm reopening any wounds but why can't High Treason post at Duke4.net anymore?

Because he says having an IQ of 168 or something, which is higher than Einstein´s and Stephen Hawnkins´ IQs put together.

MSandt

Nice of you to release a Christmas map. Keep your eye on MSDN later tonight.

Quote from: Gambini on  23 December 2012, 13:38:48
Quote from: Micky C on  23 December 2012, 07:14:27

Because he says having an IQ of 168 or something, which is higher than Einstein´s and Stephen Hawnkins´ IQs put together.

They were both borderline retarded?
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Gambini

It was a purposely mistaken sentence to put emphasis on the ridiculousness of his statement. But yeah  :D