News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

Looking for a map.

Started by Micky C, 31 January 2013, 02:37:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

I remember a really old map that had a lot of sprite work to create a large 3D beach resort hotel or something like that. Would anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I remember someone saying it ran really slowly when it was released due to all the sprite platforms.
I downloaded it and remember being impressed with the visual design but gameplay sucked  ???
Wall whore.

Gambini

Could you tell us a little bit more about it? Anything you remember may be helpful.

Micky C

Unfortunately I don't remember much else. It had a lot of troopers, and I think it came out in the days before polymost.
Wall whore.

Helixirr

Was there a long beach section throughout the whole level? Was there a parking area? Were there some kind of circus tents? Were there many white walls with blue sky?
Current project(s):
CBP9
Tim Firch - The Plans Of Dr. Deta

Micky C

I can't remember any parking area, it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure there were no circus tents. I've pretty much given up looking for this map by now. I wanted to see if it gave me any inspiration for the beach CBP, however since I've already done my section I don't really need it any more, however if someone were to find it in the future I'd be curious to check it out.
Wall whore.

Sanek

Maybe you can help a little more...
I'm looking for a space map, it's 1996-1997 oldie, and it's a huge one! I don't know the details of the map, but I think it's on the Mikko's classic map pack, which is unavailable for download. Luckily, Mikko have  the screenshot from the map that I'm looking for. Here it is.

Forge

Quote from: Sanek on  18 February 2013, 21:45:37
I'm looking for a space map, it's 1996-1997 oldie, and it's a huge one!

looks like betaone

http://www.scent-88.com/reviews/B/betaone/betaone.php
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Sanek

Quote from: Forge on  19 February 2013, 00:07:43
Quote from: Sanek on  18 February 2013, 21:45:37
I'm looking for a space map, it's 1996-1997 oldie, and it's a huge one!

looks like betaone

http://www.scent-88.com/reviews/B/betaone/betaone.php

Yea, that's what I'm lookin' for. Thanks!