Map Progression

Started by Micky C, 02 February 2013, 08:01:39

Previous topic - Next topic

underTaker

I think i will be using regular tags as well as i'm so used to them :) I will be using range 102-300 (better reserve bigger range, since i often forget how many i've used :) )

I've added another very small beach section, since i've had pretty neat map starting idea. Do we have any plans of what is that building on the west? Or that's only up to me?

Micky C

That building is totally up to you. Fill it up and change the outside to your preference  :D

I'll have a look at HT's section and hopefully I can still modify this post when I'm done.

Yep the detailing is coming along ok. The teleporting works much better within the elevator, however when I stepped outside on the first floor, there was a super obvious teleportation, I trust that'll be changed around before the final version.
Wall whore.

Helixirr

Just checked High Treason's latest addition. It looks moody.  :) The elevator caught me off guard, it was fantastic!  :D

That one teleport sucks ass.  :P It will be fixed, though, right?  ???
Current project(s):
CBP9
Tim Firch - The Plans Of Dr. Deta

High Treason

Are you talking about the one that leads to the gray corridor? Yeah, that's going to be fixed, it is tagged "Temp" and is only there for my testing purposes because I don't want to move the elevators yet as it would be difficult to repair them if they break during transplantation to the CBP map, so I'll move them over afterwards instead.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Helixirr

Good.  ;)

Here's little progress. I just started to do this seriously after realizing how the process works.  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Current project(s):
CBP9

Micky C

Don't invest too much time in it quite yet, we're still officially working on this one at a time, waiting until it's our turn we add on our section (even though several people including myself started anyway :P ).

That looks pretty good so far. Although I'm not sure if you should be third or fourth in the 1st map, or 2nd to last in the 2nd map. I definitely want the CBP to be finished by at least one section by a mapper who's released several maps scoring over 90, so you and SuperTanker both qualify for that. I think I need to start a new thread.
Wall whore.

Micky C

Here's an example dam I whipped up as talked about in the other thread. Very easy to add details to the top and hopefully I can add water running down the sides without messing up the slopes. But on second thought I'll wait before building the proper one until there's actually a place to put it in, since I want the dam section to be relatively small, and more for the epicness and scale rather than gameplay duration. And we don't want it to be too out of place either.

Wall whore.

Helixirr

To continue the flow of awesomeness, here are some screenshots from the last level:

Current project(s):
CBP9

Micky C

It looks good but where's the beach?  :P
Wall whore.

Helixirr

If you want to see beaches from the alien tower, here's a view:  ;)

Current project(s):
CBP9

underTaker

@Henri - Well, it's alien tower, maybe you could use some kind of alien-glass-looking texture? ;)

Micky C

Now that's more like it! How high up does the tower go? The alien towers from Imperium were pretty epic, they somehow reminded me of the Scrin towers from C&C 3 even though they look completely different.
Wall whore.

underTaker

My part is finished in about 70% + some polishing. It contains beach part and dock part. I'm also planning to put some kind of surfing-board shop around.

Helixirr

Basicly the final level takes place in the top area of the tower. The is supposed to be quite high. I'm not quite sure how am I going to be pull off the illusion of height, though. :P

I'm trying different texture combinations and I'm pretty satisfied with the texture set I'm using. I'm trying to keep the whole thing well designed, interconnected, difficult enough and consistently textured and trimmed and yes, pretty short and sweet.  :) The level has also close resemblance to Fusion Station. I like it.  ;D
Current project(s):
CBP9

Helixirr

Quote from: underTaker on  13 February 2013, 12:34:44
My part is finished in about 70% + some polishing. It contains beach part and dock part. I'm also planning to put some kind of surfing-board shop around.

Surfing board shop sounds promising.  :D How could you describe your part? Screenshots, maybe?  ::)
Current project(s):
CBP9