News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

Speakers' Corner

Started by Puritan, 05 December 2011, 09:08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanek

A little bit upset by recent Puritan's actions, or by his touchiness. Of course, I'm not very good person myself at this point, but at least I keep promises. Maybe I'm a little bit mistaken...

Forge

that's pretty general. wanna be more specific about what's bothering you?
aside from his assertion that there may no longer be a mapper of the month (temporarily or permanently), i see no visible or obvious deviations from his normal behavior or actions (he's always been a bit on the authoritative side about his site, and is not afraid to say so, but so are Tx & Mikko - so i don't see a major issue there)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Sanek

Quote from: Forge on  02 December 2013, 20:46:03
that's pretty general. wanna be more specific about what's bothering you?
About two weeks ago, the Puritan demanded/asked me to give him screenshots for my review on the 2013 DNF DLC. I don't have time, so, I turned him down in a bit tough way. He perceive it too much, like a big injury, so he gave me a warning.
Spoilers for forum members ahead!

Almost two months before it he wrote to me that it's my time to become the next M.o.M. - he says that I can be in November or December. Well, it's December now, and I'm not M.o.M.  It seems that because of the precedent with the screenshots he's so angry at me that he put David B. in M.o.M. place.
Well, after all these events I become angry too, and decided to write about it here. And after you wrote that there may no longer be a mapper of the month (temporarily or permanently), I became even more angry.

Of course, it's not much trouble, I can live without it, buit it's a little bit sad.

Forge

i'm only going off your side of the story, but that is messed up.
I gave him screenshots a couple days later so that should be a non-issue. I can't speak for what was said between the two of you about providing screenshots since "a bit tough" is open for interpretation. If I fired warnings at anyone who disagreed with me "a bit roughly", just about everyone here would have gotten one or two.
As far as m.o.m. I can understand your frustration. It's not like you're winning some grand prize, but the extra recognition is nice. Being deceived about it would be kind of a slap in the face. 
Sorry there's nothing I can do about it. My mod powers start and stop with the forum. If Puritan stops updating the site it will be just another AMC with a front page.

Forge

so Puritan, have you been firing your shotgun off to scare away the evil christmas witches and spirits?
http://www.celebrations360.com/index.php/unusual-christmas-traditions-in-norway-2-535/

Puritan

I even have a knife standing in the wood above my front door  ;D
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

High Treason

Drum machine is on it's way!

Needs repairing but the problems listed are fairly well documented. 80's mode on...

Actually it was on it's way in december but due to owing people money and having customs fees to pay off it's been sat in a parcel depot since the 16th.

As a last note, happy new year!
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

Two years ago, "Parkade" by 'Micky C' and 'Paul B', was released  :)
Man, time passes by pretty quickly.

High Treason

MUSIC! Drum machine appeared, I need to fix two sample buttons and the left jack, otherwise operation is completely possible via MIDI which is how I roll anyway, so fixing the drum buttons is not required.

Here are a few tracks I made using the CZ-1000 and RZ-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzpUAopwKDE

Might not seem like much, but remember this gear is from the mid-80's and I'm not even allowed to call myself a musician as I can't read music and don't know the first thing about it, the only class I ever took in music was musical chairs. At the very least, check out the song at 2:47, I went all-out on that one.

Anyone that remembers me saying I had trouble with my workstation here? Not going well, GTX 260 caught on fire and some fool sold me a dead 460 and is now refusing returns, I have to wait until Jan 20th before I can escalate the case to eBay, by now I've had enough and am likely to continue without a proper workstation until I can get something done. With any luck I will be able to abuse my Core2 rig into running EDuke at least, but graphical upgrades, RAID and capture hardware are out of the question in that box - Intel locked down the PCI-E slots big time, no shit, their documentation openly states they set the motherboard up to detect 3rd party GPUs and lock them out. Unfortunately, as my capture board can run a HDMI monitor from a video editing program, the board thinks it is a graphics card and turns the slot off. Ah, well, Xeon E3 here we come.

As a last note, no YouTube BBCode? Son, I am disappoint.

Gambini

Mark Knopfler couldnĀ“t ever read music and is a hell of a guitarrist. How old is that thing?

High Treason

The keyboard was introduced in 1985 at $1000, relatively cheap when compared to other polyphonic keyboards with similar capabilities of the time - many compare it with things like the Yamaha DX27 though I think it can keep up with some of the bigger synths when used correctly. Oddly, it's generally not thought of in high regard in the Synthesizer world and I've seen people compare it with the Juno 6 (Monophonic Analog synthesizer) but that's like Apples and Oranges in my book. My CZ-1000 is one of the smaller CZ synths, I want a CZ-1.

The drum machine appeared in 1986, price tag unknown though these days they are incredibly cheap because people prefer Yamaha RX-11, Linndrum and Roland TR-808's (Because synthesizer people masturbate over analog hardware - I don't) - again, RZ-1 is not held in high regard by many, I like it though.

I find both instruments quite versatile, always felt Casio's 80's synthesizers were under-rated by many.

Puritan

Yay!
My boss just gave me a new cellphone:
Sony Xperia Z with android.

Me like that boss  ;D

Forge

wish my bossy woman would give me a new cellphone  :(
but i still like her(she lets me touch her boobies)

Puritan

Yay!
Snow is pouring down.
The forecast says approximately 1 meter within the next three days.
Up to 1,5 meters in some areas.

Time to kick some ski-ass! :)

Forge

it snowed here about 1/2 an inch back in early December. it stayed for a week; pretty rough winter