Media with the map

Started by Helixirr, 10 February 2013, 13:04:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

Hmm I thought that their was a 4th mapper for the second map, but now I can't remember if there was. Oh well, Norvak can go in the second map then, maybe after Supertanker.

Btw, at the moment it looks like Maarten is going to do the final alien beach section.
Wall whore.

Helixirr

Quote from: Micky C on  14 March 2013, 13:28:21
Hmm I thought that their was a 4th mapper for the second map, but now I can't remember if there was. Oh well, Norvak can go in the second map then, maybe after Supertanker.

Btw, at the moment it looks like Maarten is going to do the final alien beach section.

I think it would be great! :D I hope I'll finish my section soon.  :)
Current project(s):
CBP9
Tim Firch - The Plans Of Dr. Deta

Micky C

So just clarifying, we're going to use the finished song for the 2nd map, and the unfinished song for the final map, but we're going to have a totally new, Duke Caribbean styled song for the first map right?
Wall whore.

Helixirr

Quote from: Micky C on  19 March 2013, 10:25:27
So just clarifying, we're going to use the finished song for the 2nd map, and the unfinished song for the final map, but we're going to have a totally new, Duke Caribbean styled song for the first map right?

Funny you think my track for the first level is that dark.  ::)
Current project(s):
CBP9

Micky C

Well it could probably fit the first level. But we can't have a beach theme and not have at least some Caribbean inspired music  ;D
Wall whore.

Helixirr

Quote from: Micky C on  19 March 2013, 23:21:01
Well it could probably fit the first level. But we can't have a beach theme and not have at least some Caribbean inspired music  ;D

I wonder if I could make the track happier... some steels drums, bright brasses and calypsos might do the trick. Marimba is already in, so that's OK.  :)
Current project(s):
CBP9

MikeNorvak

Helixirr

Quote from: MikeNorvak on  21 March 2013, 09:11:14
What about Jarre's Calypso? http://youtu.be/2omIGB1j-cM?t=58s :P

I like the sounds and the song itself, but it's tempo is quite fast. I think it's too fast-paced. :-\
Current project(s):
CBP9

Supertanker

Maybe we need elevator music!

http://muse.thegovernment.net/elemusic.wav

Also, if you're looking for inspiration, The Incredible Machine, Even More Contraptions had three songs (I particularly like the last one): http://muse.thegovernment.net/aaaa.zip

Supertanker

Double post:

Great, now I have Caribbean music stuck in my head. I may try composing something later this week when I have more free time...

Supertanker

Too "Babe Land" annoying?

http://muse.thegovernment.net/tropical.mp3

Too lazy to hook up mics for my guitar and (crappy) organ synth. Very unfinished...the file goes out to about 3 minutes but I haven't tweaked anything past 1.1 minutes. What think you?

Micky C

Well it would be good elevator music, but IMO not the best level music. I'm half tempted just to pull something directly from Carribean since that's what we're after, however then people will think the entire CBP is Carribean based when in reality it isn't and then get disappointed.
Wall whore.

Puritan

I apologise for popping in here but:I don't see why you should rip the original music from Life's a Beach.

This project is unique.
There is lots of good mappers here and also a few musicians.
Make it even more unique with your own music.
That's my two cents  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Yeah I won't do it, but it would be super awesome to have something very similar in style for the first level. Something that could almost be a part of the original Caribbean soundtrack.
Wall whore.

underTaker

One thought just have born in my head. Wouldn't it be cool if we'd think about some plot, rather than kill all the aliens and save the earth for the milionth time? Something like Duke seeking beer or something like that. It would add some originality and stuff.
And, when we're adding multiple levels (i assume we want to distribute it as grp) we could add some custom sounds as well.