Media with the map

Started by Helixirr, 10 February 2013, 13:04:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertanker

You mean like the Assault map from UT2004 with the Zero Beer factory? The attackers had to storm a beer factory and restore the alcohol to the beer. It was hilarious.

Objective #2 for the attackers was something like, "Ruin the Zero Beer Marketing Campaign by destroying their Billboards."

underTaker

Yeah, maybe something like that, but the plot thingy was just like addon - not the main thing, so we wouldn't need to change too much.

Micky C

That's starting to wander into mod territory rather than plain CBP. I'll spend today thinking about a plot though.
Wall whore.

Micky C

Well I guess the story is either "Duke is looking for beer" or "Duke is scouting for locations for his next big movie"  :P
Wall whore.

Supertanker

No no, it should be a margarita or martini, since it's a beach theme! :D Make the final boss be surrounded by martini glasses!

underTaker

Quote from: Micky C on  26 March 2013, 10:14:20
Well I guess the story is either "Duke is looking for beer" or "Duke is scouting for locations for his next big movie"  :P

Helixirr

The story should be so bad it's good. And whenever Duke is involved, it has to good!

I think we should add more quotes in the levels. I mean, Duke has to talk a lot, that's what he's known for, for his badass quotes! ;D
Current project(s):
CBP9
Tim Firch - The Plans Of Dr. Deta

Micky C

I like undertaker's idea. We should do both  8)

At the end of each segment, Duke should say "eewww this sucks" refering to it being a bad location, haha.
Wall whore.

underTaker

Haha good idea as well :) I always love things like easter eggs and funny things, i'm sure other players too! I wish there was more voices of Duke speaking made by Jon :)

Micky C

He can also say things like "damn that was annoying" and "this really pisses me off". Then at the end of the final level, Duke actually sees a place he would like to shoot the movie and says "ahhh, much better" but as you're heading towards the end level sector, the annoying mouse from episode 4 shows up and he's like "damnit!" *level ends*

And that last sequnce can be done in the dark for added cinematic effect, haha.
Wall whore.

Captain Awesome

Quote from: Supertanker on  25 March 2013, 07:13:14
Too "Babe Land" annoying?

http://muse.thegovernment.net/tropical.mp3

Too lazy to hook up mics for my guitar and (crappy) organ synth. Very unfinished...the file goes out to about 3 minutes but I haven't tweaked anything past 1.1 minutes. What think you?
I like this. Reminds me of the mall music from Postal 2. I think this would fit the silly mission of the map.

Helixirr

Quote from: Captain Awesome on  30 March 2013, 22:11:08
Quote from: Supertanker on  25 March 2013, 07:13:14
Too "Babe Land" annoying?

http://muse.thegovernment.net/tropical.mp3

Too lazy to hook up mics for my guitar and (crappy) organ synth. Very unfinished...the file goes out to about 3 minutes but I haven't tweaked anything past 1.1 minutes. What think you?
I like this. Reminds me of the mall music from Postal 2. I think this would fit the silly mission of the map.

That music there was hilarious! ;D Funny and very upbeat, in fact, too upbeat to me. :o
Current project(s):
CBP9

Helixirr

Hey, that music could be playing inside the mall in the first level! :D How about that? 8)
Current project(s):
CBP9

Micky C

Mall? What mall? There's a small Dukeburger which has some "super market music" but I don't think we should increase the filesize with a large .ogg just for that.
Wall whore.

Helixirr

Quote from: Micky C on  01 April 2013, 14:19:22
Mall? What mall? There's a small Dukeburger which has some "super market music" but I don't think we should increase the filesize with a large .ogg just for that.

Oh, sorry, Dukeburger I ment. ;D And about the filesize... Fuck that, we have a lot of memory to waste these days! :P
Current project(s):
CBP9