old, unseen or abandoned maps screen shots.

Started by ck3D, 23 April 2013, 21:22:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

finished the final assault episode
the con doesn't work so i ended up renaming all the maps e1l1, etc... in the order according to what you had set for ep3

not the best looking thing, but it was fun for the most part
pretty damn hard unless you find some of the secrets. the player didn't get squat for ammo or health until the space station styled map. had to leave quite a few enemy standing there looking at my backside as i ran away.

edit: okay. what's with the heart on the patio next to the pub in the miri map?
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Merlijn

Fun package, I remember some of these maps because you sent them to me. Especially that hi-tech map, I really liked that one.

I have some old unfinished stuff as well, I think I should also post it one of these days..

High Treason

Ah, now, this should prove interesting, I shall download and try these tomorrow.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

ck3D

thanks for all your comments,

Quote from: Forge on  28 April 2013, 19:20:52
Blois looks nice and the combat is tough but fair. Didn't like the fact that the wall in the sewer to get access to the second part of the map was not marked (if there was a crack it was completely invisible). had to use the showmap cheat because i was wandering for quite awhile before frustration set in. The shops on the backside are also way too cramped.
This map definitely should be fixed up and released as the "hidden anarchy level"

yes i agree with you on all points. i made this map over ten years ago, noone but me was even supposed to play it one day, so back then i didn't care much for pointing out the paths to be followed by the players. unmarked walls and secret doorsor masked malls are a common issue in most of these older maps, i guess, along with the crampedness. i definitely want to remake blois.map / anarchy city II one day, though. thanks to the enhanced eduke32 sector and wall limits i should be able to come up with an interesting mix of both places.

about the heart on the ground in miri.map, it just happened to actually exist (drawn in chalk) at the corresponding real-world place this section of the map is based on, i think i re-created it in order to make it a touchplate for something, but i can't remember what at all

Arghantyl

I would really to finish the high tech maps but i can't.
It's definitely upper my skills  ::)

A shame to let these jewels unfinished  :(
Another day,another challenge.