Spritework demo SpeedMapping for Eduke32 by DavoX

Started by DavoX, 24 June 2013, 14:34:37

Previous topic - Next topic

DavoX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X0fnXq_bf8&feature=youtu.be

Speedmapping for DukeNukem 3D.

This time I bring you this Spritework Demonstration, It's more or less 30 or 40 minutes compressed into 3 minutes and a half.

The video isn't meant to cover "how to's" or anything like that, just a little section from a map I'm working on. It's definitely not the best that can be done with the engine. With planning, a much better structure can be made. This time I made up the structure as I went along without any plans at all, just what came to my mind at the time.

Make sure you visit Cursed Lemon's channel and subscribe to him as he makes awesome music!

The music for this video:

Cursed Lemon - Killer Instinct Full Bore Cover

I hope you all liked it!

Micky C

Very nice. The only problem is it blows my sprite bridge out of the water, heh heh  :(
Wall whore.

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

DavoX

Thanks guys, I've added a few notes on the video but it's just normal stuff that everyone knows so don't worry.

Merlijn

I'm gonna sound like a n00b now, but I didn't know the shading of spriteworks could be ajusted manually.  :-\ Is that a newer feature? Anyway, looks really good!  :)

DavoX

Just press "N" on the sprite and you'll be able to get it to show any shade you want :) make sure the shading preview is enabled with ´ + X .

I guess this delays RED1 a couple more weeks to shade all the sprites again :P

Micky C

Quote from: Merlijn on  25 June 2013, 21:07:59
I'm gonna sound like a n00b now, but I didn't know the shading of spriteworks could be ajusted manually.  :-\ Is that a newer feature? Anyway, looks really good!  :)

The feature has probably been around for a year or so.

Another convenience is that when you select a bunch of sprites in 2D mode, you can shade them all at the same time in 3D mode with the scroll wheel.
Wall whore.

High Treason

Keep in mind that the Noshade does not work on active sprites (i.e; the palm tree sprite) - not outside of the editor at least.

Edit: Btw, that video was cool, I should do one with my maskwall bridge, faster.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Merlijn

Quote from: DavoX on  26 June 2013, 00:00:41
Just press "N" on the sprite and you'll be able to get it to show any shade you want :) make sure the shading preview is enabled with ´ + X .

I guess this delays RED1 a couple more weeks to shade all the sprites again :P

Thanks to this new information, I don't think it will be released before 2015  >:(