CGS Forum Tracking on search engines

Started by David B., 25 June 2013, 21:15:31

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

Hello everybody.

I should maybe point out a downside about the fact one can't find the CGS website during a research... let's take the google search engine, to give an example.
And I think it's a little sad for many of those who have never heard about CGS and other websites related, and are willing to come back to the game after a long time
and find maps.

Maybe you feel this point irrelevant ? Otherwise I've made a little test first by typing "duke nukem 3d" and I've fallen with duke4.net in the first result page.
No other website were mentionned after that, even not in the other ten pages ! (well I didn't really went so far but...)   :-\

In a second time, I've tried with "duke nukem 3d maps", and this time I've found :
- DN Repository at the top of the results.
- Mikko Sandt website comes further but still in the first page.
- Ck3d website appears in the second page, thus clearly visible...

Now CGS remains invisible while it's one of the best quality website. So there is no tracking in any case.
Excepted one thing, when I try "come get some" I find CGS... in the second page. But of course, who will think type this first so to find DN3D, recent stuff or related forums when the guy doesnt know ?

Is there anything foreseen in the future for improvement ?
David B.

Puritan

We appear on the third page in google search with your search term: duke nukem 3d maps  ;)
Everything is search engine optimized around here.

And on top of page two on Ask.com  ;)
Page eight on Yahoo...
Third page on Kvasir...

Edit: Try "Mapper of the month"  ;D
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

A google search with the heading of this topic, " come get some forums", put us on top of the first page  :)
The same goes for this search: " cgs forums".
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

High Treason

Simply "come get some" showed you at the bottom of the first page. If I am more specific (by adding a word like "reviews" or "maps") it is even higher.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

David B.

Well I don't know what happened, but you're right.
I need some holidays I think...  ::)
David B.

Puritan

Don't worry, David.
Your concern is appreciated  :)

Remember this: We've only been around for a year or so with the final version of the front page.
I'll bet you a pint that we're climbing on the "search engine ranking" in the future.  8)
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

On a side note: The hashtag is popular these days...

Try this search on Google: #dukenukem  :)
Oh when I'm old and wise