NEW RELEASE : Mill Town Rampage v1.0 - 2 Maps New Episode!

Started by David B., 07 July 2013, 13:01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

So finally after 9 months of work, I'm giving birth to this two-maps episode including many innovations.

MILL TOWN RAMPAGE
v1.0

The map is designed and meant to be played with HRP / Polymost.
(See .txt file for more details about other mode).

This new episode takes place in a mill town under the grips of an agressive alien presence. The city now seems mostly abandoned on its own and
immerses players into a sordid and realistic industrial complexs. New sounds package and music level are joined to sustain an already strong ambiance.

Given the size of the file exceeding 30 Mo, I couldn't post it here directly.
Here is the link to download it :
  http://www.sendspace.com/file/xho9td

On the page, choose "Click here to start download from sendspace" (other download buttons are just adverts)
Unzip the .rar file (not the zip) in your DN main folder, and run the .bat file.

Screenshots below gives a preview ;

CGS - Review/Download

[attachment deleted by admin]
David B.

Micky C

Whoa, that's some high gamma you've got there. Personally I think it's fine at default brightness, but if you thought that was too dark, adjusting the shade and/or visibility would have been a better option.

Anyway I strongly recommend that everyone tries this out, it's a very solidly designed set of levels. You're going to post this at Duke4.net right David?
Wall whore.

David B.

David B.

DavoX

Unfortunately I don't have HRP so I couldn't provide a very good beta test for this, but It's fine because I couldn't find things wrong on the second map :D I've played everything again and I have to say it was a blast! very good design and gameplay man.

Loved the factory on the first map and the dock on the second one, I belive it's the first dock I've seen in a duke map, but then again I'm not very good at remembering things nor I check every map out there  ;D

Congrats man, Now I have to work twice as hard on my maps because of you   >:(

;D

David B.

Quote from: DavoX on  07 July 2013, 17:12:27
Congrats man, Now I have to work twice as hard on my maps because of you   >:(
;D
Everybody will have because of me  :) ;D
Thanks for your appreciation.
David B.

Forge

got done with my other projects that were on deck and found a little time left over before i head to bed so i decided to start on this tonight

btw-you should mention that native cons need to be renamed to get the episode to launch properly

edit: finished
the only real issue i had was i missed the underwater tunnel that went to where the yellow key card is. had to go re-explore the blue locked area to find what i missed-but it didn't take long.
other than a few odd or missed textures (mostly on the backsides of crates) i didn't find or see any major issues.
other than looking pretty, the city map was okay. pretty routine.
the harbor was impressive visually and the gameplay seemed a little more expanded. very open, lots of nooks and crannies for stashes (more so than the first map), the required paths just seemed to mix and flow better (walk around building, vent, underwater, jumping & climbing).

i like the first map, but the second map is what makes this project memorable for me.

i haven't reviewed it yet, but off the top of my head i'd say 97 or 98
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

David B.

Quote from: Forge on  08 July 2013, 04:53:28
btw-you should mention that native cons need to be renamed to get the episode to launch properly
i haven't reviewed it yet,
Maybe before to make it available in the maps list, I should modify the txt file and include those remarks - and also for a music issue instruction - then give a new link for you. The same for Mikko if he would like to publish a review and store it.
David B.

MSandt

Quote from: Forge on  08 July 2013, 04:53:28

Yeah, or it'd be better if he renamed the cons and told the batch file to use the renamed cons. This way there'd be no need to move files around.

Quotethe only real issue i had was i missed the underwater tunnel that went to where the yellow key card is. had to go re-explore the blue locked area to find what i missed-but it didn't take long.

I missed that one too at first but I really couldn't see much of anything down there because I was playing the map in broad daylight.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Quote from: David B. on  08 July 2013, 12:14:36
Maybe before to make it available in the maps list, I should modify the txt file and include those remarks - and also for a music issue instruction - then give a new link for you. The same for Mikko if he would like to publish a review and store it.
no need for a new upload. just post your text here, where you want it placed, and i'll edit the template
same goes for the bat file if you want to modify it

David B.

Yeah, or it'd be better if he renamed the cons and told the batch file to use the renamed cons. This way there'd be no need to move files around.
That's what I have done now. I finally find how to. I'm gonna post a new link here on the next post edit because the zip file has changed regarding those renamed con files.
David B.

Forge

That's fine. I'll submit the review and tell Puritan to upload the newer version when the link is posted

David B.

Mill Town Rampage v1.01

http://speedy.sh/pDXeX/MTRampage-v1.01.rar

The batch file include music and renamed con files. The right files are loaded despite of the presence of native files, that's what happen with me and seems to work fine.
Therefore I hope there will not be another repair.
David B.

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

DavoX

David B.

Quote from: Forge on  08 July 2013, 20:53:23
That's fine. I'll submit the review and tell Puritan to upload the newer version when the link is posted
Thanks for the review, screenshots seem good also.

Btw, isn't there something wrong with the little poll at the bottom, with the stars rating ?
It seems to be blocked at 3 votes for every new maps registered. I just had a look and this is invariable, that's what makes me think of that.
David B.