[RELEASE] Bummed Out ! Anarchy City X

Started by ck3D, 06 August 2013, 03:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlijn

QuoteI also think it's very rude to put the battlelord in the mall in front of the station - he can simply walk up to that door where you have to press a button, and you can't escape from there without cheats.

You can simply lure him outside, and when he's far enough from the train station you can just get back in and close the doors.

ck3D

yeah that's what i intended the player to do and what i do myself, i step back outside, lure him to follow me then rush back inside and lock the doors, i can definitely see how entering the station regardless and getting to the room with the switch with the battlelord still inside would be bad strategy (but then again you only get what you ask for, the entire point of the map is to punish the player for bad strategy)

thank you all for taking the time to play this map and post your thoughts, always glad to hear about everyone's individual experience

ck3D

Forge

there are only a few dark spots in the original, and those aren't so dark that they needed "fixing". they fit the setting imo
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

ck3D

alright, thanks for your input. i am just so confused about those technicalities - as i have posted about before, a map that looks perfectly fine on one of my computers will look too dark, almost unplayable and generally just plain off on the other one, i don't know which one is supposed to be the standard, as in the most representative of how most players are going to experience my work. maybe i just have to suck it up and make do with the fact that people use different types of monitors and general settings nowadays and that it is going to matter especially when the aesthetics of the display of a ported 17-year-old video game is what has to fall into consideration

Forge

especially when said port keeps changing how the game is rendered
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass