Problem with The Dream by eddy....

Started by DavoX, 14 August 2013, 22:10:50

Previous topic - Next topic

DavoX

I know my map Buenos Aires Explosive remake isn't the most well known map in history, but seriously, you guys should've at least have a deja vu on Eddy/s first map A.dream 1.

I know he played my map since he clearly states so on his MoM interview, and I was really happy when he mentioned my map. So When I played this I thought "Of COURSE I'm on his text file, I'm sure of it!" and then I read it and no, I wasn't there or anywhere on his threads about his mod....

I won't post this on Duke4.net as I don't thing I should before an explanation...

No, I won't ask you to modify anything or delete any map at all, keep things as they are. I just want an explanation from you.

So, Eddy, I ask you... what the fuck?

Puritan

Moved the topic here for obvious reasons.
I might nuke the topic as well...let's see where this is going.

And the deja-vu's are not haunting me.

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

DavoX

Quote from: Puritan on  14 August 2013, 22:30:56
Moved the topic here for obvious reasons.
I might nuke the topic as well...let's see where this is going.

And the deja-vu's are not haunting me.

I don't see why this should be nuked. Am I doing something wrong?

And the deja vu part is mostly directed to the people that died a million times on the beginning of BAE remake.

MSandt

I don't really see a problem with this. It's more like a recreation rather than plagiarism. You know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

DavoX

Yes , I get what you're saying Mikko. (Well he did write a txt when he released this as "the dream")

I can see it happening when he first released it but it's a bit weird that he didn't mention it when he packed it into a trilogy much later on.

zykoveddy

Buenos Aires Explosive is one of my favorite maps ever, so obviously it had a big impact on me. I played the map in 2008 for the first time and just couldn't resist to borrow some ideas from it. Also, the Duke Burger area is also highly inspired by the same area in BAE. The map also includes a borrowed typewriter from We Store Your Crap (removed in Trilogy version) and some sounds from AoMDC HL mod.

One thing I can say for sure, I wasn't copying areas directly from the map, everything here is made by hand.

Dunno what else to say about the subject, honestly. I guess I should give DavoX more credit, but I should have done it earlier. Now, I almost forgot about The Dream series and this topic came out as a surprise for me.

From the flight of the seagull come the spread claws of the eagle.

zykoveddy

I just realised, the burger area is probably the most plagiarised, especially the kitchen room. Damn, I feel really dirty now.

DavoX

It's not the remake of things that bothered me, just no mention of my name.

It's all good now, I forgive you.  :-*

zykoveddy

Thanks  ;)

By the way, ceiling fans in the office are borrowed from Gambini's RUSH, which was released at the time. Man, this map is full of borrowed stuff.