help with AMC TC

Started by James, 05 January 2014, 10:25:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

He used mapster32.

It'd be great if we could get another Ancient Coffee Bean (or the original for that matter  :P )
Wall whore.

High Treason

I'll consider it when (currently if) I get off of my current mapping project... Basic layout for all but two buildings and one street are completed at any rate. I'll try and get a screenie in the "What are you working on..." thread tomorrow.

Seems my workstation has died on me and I cannot trace the fault, given the fact the northbridge is known to be faulty and that I lost two USB ports, an Ethernet adaptor, 1394 and onboard audio in recent times (They no longer exist as far as the machine is concerned) I am inclined to think it might be time to throw in the towel soon and we're looking at over a year to get it replaced (I don't do things by half) - though I am determined to get it to April 2nd with some functionality, it turns 9 on that day.

You never know, I may be lucky and find it's a dead spider or failed GPU given there were massive temperature increases lately (overheating is near impossible, I have a thermal switch installed in the cooling loop that trips at 60'C) though I'll be limping over the line on a GeForce 7300 if that is the case...  Is it a bad time to mention the cooling system pisses water by this point and the insides of the machine are coated with dust, nicotine, oil and the ethylene-glycol-based cooling solution?

Sorry for rambling, I'm tired and I've had nothing but hardware failure - laptop, 486DX4, failing mobo in U5S (UMC 486SX), P60 - and financial problems as of late and I think I'd explode if I didn't rant about it a little - feel free to ignore me, bashing this into the keyboard makes just makes me feel a bit better about a potentially boring year - I guess I'll have to find other things to do.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

James

Nah that's cool, rant away. Computer troubles are the worst because it could be any number of things and it can be expensive to work with or fix.

Merlijn

I can't promise anything, but I was playing around with the idea of doing a city map where the aliens have frozen the surroundings (Mr Freeze style) and the player has to destroy the huge freeze gun to 'defrost' the city. ;D Originally for vanilla Duke, but it might also work as a TC level.

If you'd like that type of map in your TC, just tell me.  :)

Forge

who's this Merlyn guy?
noob help is better than no help; make him prove his skills and finish that half map i dumped on you.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

James

Quote from: Merlijn on  08 January 2014, 19:13:08
I can't promise anything, but I was playing around with the idea of doing a city map where the aliens have frozen the surroundings (Mr Freeze style) and the player has to destroy the huge freeze gun to 'defrost' the city. ;D Originally for vanilla Duke, but it might also work as a TC level.

If you'd like that type of map in your TC, just tell me.  :)
You're a character in the TC dude (and your brother too although he didn't do voice acting) you tell me if I'd like a map by you in it :P

(yes that would be fantastic)

Micky C

Not to mention Merlijn's character apparently saved the Netherlands from a rogue necromancer. Perhaps it could be the necromancer who is back for revenge by freezing a city?
Wall whore.

Gambini

Quote from: Forge on  09 January 2014, 14:11:10
who's this Merlyn guy?
noob help is better than no help; make him prove his skills and finish that half map i dumped on you.

It´s spelled Merjyn. Put some damn attention in the way you write. You may scare him away mispelling his name.  :-\

Forge

Quote from: Gambini on  10 January 2014, 02:50:09
It´s spelled Merjyn.
Mary Jane?

Quote from: Gambini on  10 January 2014, 02:50:09
Put some damn attention in the way you write. You may scare him away mispelling his name.  :-\
Next month he'll pop his head out of the ground, see his own shadow, and disappear for another month anyway.

Merlijn

Quote from: Micky C on  10 January 2014, 02:33:46
Not to mention Merlijn's character apparently saved the Netherlands from a rogue necromancer. Perhaps it could be the necromancer who is back for revenge by freezing a city?

Yeah, it would be cool if it's a map intended to be played with my character. I thought of trying to replicate some locations from Amsterdam, so it would be an adventure in the Netherlands.  :D

And be careful, misspelling my name 3 times in a row summons an evil demon.

James

Well you still got access to the AMC TC hidden forums over at the ancient lost city of AMC, so if you do decide to work on a map or something feel free to swing by there for ideas and stuff (or requests for features .etc) :)

Merlijn

Sure, I'll drop in a message. I still don't have much spare time though, so if I make a map, it probably won't be too big or too ambitious.

Forge

Quote from: Merlijn on  12 January 2014, 13:03:29
And be careful, misspelling my name 3 times in a row summons an evil demon.
Merlingeuse
Merlyngeuse
Merjyngeuse

Merlijn

Gambini

lol  ;D

Are you sure that isnt Maarten dressed up for halloween?