Quote from: Puritan on  21 December 2013, 21:52:22
Damn!
I did the same mistake myself when building the review page  ;D
i'm glad i'm not the only one who does this
getting flash-backs from my constant request for revisions yet Puritan?  ;D
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Quote from: methy on  21 December 2013, 21:48:40
also I don't understand why it says it requires HRP in the "author map by this author" section
Also it doesn''t require eduke32 either, it works in jonof and megaton too, just not in vanilla, but it probably says that for every map in that case

I've written Optional in the database now.

In the review page is written "Optional".
See also the map template  ;)
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
If you can not see - You can not truly know

methy

Quote from: methy on  21 December 2013, 21:48:40
also I don't understand why it says it requires HRP in the "author map by this author" section
Also it doesn''t require eduke32 either, it works in jonof and megaton too, just not in vanilla, but it probably says that for every map in that case

also new music should say yes i guess
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

okay. the family went to bake cookies or something at a friends house.

If this is your first map i'm impressed. I like how the layout constantly loops around to previously visited areas after unlocking a door in a newly explored section. really keeps the backtracking down to a minimum. the enemy placement and respawns are well done, and weapon/ammo/health placement-progression is pretty good. lots of nooks and crannies to explore around in. Good texturing for the most part - some sloppy areas with overstretched spots -mainly in the vents, but nothing too bad. lighting/shading could have used some stronger contrasts. detailing was well done and not over the top. Some of the cramped areas were a bit annoying and some of the scenery -like the divider/display boards in the weather room- can squish the player if they try to take a peek behind them.
i don't have megaton and used eduke32. i don't know what was supposed to happen after i unlocked the barrier and went through the revolving door to the outdoor section so i pretty much got stuck at that point. No boss spawned, the level didn't end, and i couldn't find a path to follow.

overall it was a pretty fun map and was enjoyable to walk around looking at the scenery.

methy

The car is the nuke button. you're supposed to "use" it. The end.

It wasn't a problem for me but I thought to myself I knew it would cause problem to some players, but I didn't want to mention it to ACB because he would have just put a nuke button near the car and I thought it was a cool ending.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

i tried using the car (on the trunk and in the cab), but nothing happened. i guess i must have missed it.
it might have been better just to put and ending sector in the car cab for people like me

also wanted to mention the good use of ambient sounds, though there were a couple odd ones -like the monk chanting by one of the computers in the large office area-

Ancient Coffee Bean

I'll put that nuke button thing in the FAQ thing on the workshop also if you look at the screen where the monk chants there is a screamer on there, I'll probably remove that sound trigger and change it to a fake button, also I've blocked the part where you got squished now.

methy

You see this is why you people usually take 2 betatesters before releasing a map, so that they don't have to update it constantly after release  :P

Updating a map after release could mean a few people not experiencing the final version, but it used not to be such a big deal because it was just our bunch in the small community. Now it can mean a whole bunch of people not playing the final version on Steam though

Forge

i wouldn't worry about making a bunch of minor changes to your map (we call that "to Gambini")
it's a very good first map and about as good as it's going to get. effort should be put towards a new project

Gambini -(gam-be-nee) v.
                      To constantly update a map so many times you lose track of how many revisions there are floating around on different websites

Ancient Coffee Bean

One more will not hurt, I made it so you shouldn't get squished anywhere now, also improved a bunch of textures and made the RPG room a bit nicer. workshop makes it easy-er to update everyone anyway.

Forge

not to be a jackhole, but the map that got uploaded here is the one that will be there until Puritan dies of old age and the site goes offline (as ancient as he is, that could be anytime now  ;D)

if you'd like to know why, here's some entertaining reading:
http://www.scent-88.com/forum/index.php/topic,73.0.html

i lost count of the number of updates at seven or eight

if you feel there's a legitimate reason for the file to be updated (such as lack of beta-testing due to it being a megaton release), private message Puritan and plead your case, but the policy has been one and done since that bit of silliness in the other thread.

Ancient Coffee Bean

I guess people will just have to get it from the workshop if they want a non glitchy version then.

methy

I don't know what's going on butI don't seem to be able to edit the OP anymore,

so here is a mirror of version 1.2 for people who don't have a steam account with duke :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qnq9k8

Ancient Coffee Bean

Alright thanks, that's the final version I promise, moving on to a new map soon.

Merlijn

Played it, liked it a lot! :)

I liked how it went with one theme, and applied it in a very good way: everything felt consistent and every room served its purpose. Design is very good, especially the the 2 main rooms and the different studio's. Only downside is the cramped nature of the hallways and some of the rooms.

Gameplay was pretty good, I found most of the secrets (including the shrinker) so I had no trouble beating the enemies. Can't wait to see more from you! :)