CGS - Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with AMC TC  (Read 4502 times)

Micky C

• Beach Community Project
  • Battlelord
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
Re: help with AMC TC
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 12:28:13 AM »

He used mapster32.

It'd be great if we could get another Ancient Coffee Bean (or the original for that matter  :P )
Wall whore.

High Treason

• Enforcer
  • Fiona, where is you?
    • View Profile
    • Duke Nukem Archive
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 05:43:43 AM »

I'll consider it when (currently if) I get off of my current mapping project... Basic layout for all but two buildings and one street are completed at any rate. I'll try and get a screenie in the "What are you working on..." thread tomorrow.

Seems my workstation has died on me and I cannot trace the fault, given the fact the northbridge is known to be faulty and that I lost two USB ports, an Ethernet adaptor, 1394 and onboard audio in recent times (They no longer exist as far as the machine is concerned) I am inclined to think it might be time to throw in the towel soon and we're looking at over a year to get it replaced (I don't do things by half) - though I am determined to get it to April 2nd with some functionality, it turns 9 on that day.

You never know, I may be lucky and find it's a dead spider or failed GPU given there were massive temperature increases lately (overheating is near impossible, I have a thermal switch installed in the cooling loop that trips at 60'C) though I'll be limping over the line on a GeForce 7300 if that is the case...  Is it a bad time to mention the cooling system pisses water by this point and the insides of the machine are coated with dust, nicotine, oil and the ethylene-glycol-based cooling solution?

Sorry for rambling, I'm tired and I've had nothing but hardware failure - laptop, 486DX4, failing mobo in U5S (UMC 486SX), P60 - and financial problems as of late and I think I'd explode if I didn't rant about it a little - feel free to ignore me, bashing this into the keyboard makes just makes me feel a bit better about a potentially boring year - I guess I'll have to find other things to do.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:57:42 AM by High Treason »
Yayaya Coco Jamboo, Yayayay!

James

• Pig Cop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »

Nah that's cool, rant away. Computer troubles are the worst because it could be any number of things and it can be expensive to work with or fix.

Merlijn

• Enforcer
  • Metal up your ass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 07:13:08 PM »

I can't promise anything, but I was playing around with the idea of doing a city map where the aliens have frozen the surroundings (Mr Freeze style) and the player has to destroy the huge freeze gun to 'defrost' the city. ;D Originally for vanilla Duke, but it might also work as a TC level.

If you'd like that type of map in your TC, just tell me.  :)

Forge

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

who's this Merlyn guy?
noob help is better than no help; make him prove his skills and finish that half map i dumped on you.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

James

• Pig Cop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 12:41:28 AM »

I can't promise anything, but I was playing around with the idea of doing a city map where the aliens have frozen the surroundings (Mr Freeze style) and the player has to destroy the huge freeze gun to 'defrost' the city. ;D Originally for vanilla Duke, but it might also work as a TC level.

If you'd like that type of map in your TC, just tell me.  :)
You're a character in the TC dude (and your brother too although he didn't do voice acting) you tell me if I'd like a map by you in it :P

(yes that would be fantastic)

Micky C

• Battlelord
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 02:33:46 AM »

Not to mention Merlijn's character apparently saved the Netherlands from a rogue necromancer. Perhaps it could be the necromancer who is back for revenge by freezing a city?
Wall whore.

Gambini

• Enforcer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 02:50:09 AM »

who's this Merlyn guy?
noob help is better than no help; make him prove his skills and finish that half map i dumped on you.

It´s spelled Merjyn. Put some damn attention in the way you write. You may scare him away mispelling his name.  :-\

Forge

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »

It´s spelled Merjyn.
Mary Jane?

Put some damn attention in the way you write. You may scare him away mispelling his name.  :-\
Next month he'll pop his head out of the ground, see his own shadow, and disappear for another month anyway.

Merlijn

• Enforcer
  • Metal up your ass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »

Not to mention Merlijn's character apparently saved the Netherlands from a rogue necromancer. Perhaps it could be the necromancer who is back for revenge by freezing a city?

Yeah, it would be cool if it's a map intended to be played with my character. I thought of trying to replicate some locations from Amsterdam, so it would be an adventure in the Netherlands.  :D

And be careful, misspelling my name 3 times in a row summons an evil demon.

James

• Pig Cop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »

Well you still got access to the AMC TC hidden forums over at the ancient lost city of AMC, so if you do decide to work on a map or something feel free to swing by there for ideas and stuff (or requests for features .etc) :)

Merlijn

• Enforcer
  • Metal up your ass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »

Sure, I'll drop in a message. I still don't have much spare time though, so if I make a map, it probably won't be too big or too ambitious.

Forge

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »

And be careful, misspelling my name 3 times in a row summons an evil demon.
Merlingeuse
Merlyngeuse
Merjyngeuse

Merlijn

• Enforcer
  • Metal up your ass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »

Gambini

• Enforcer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 03:40:14 AM »

lol  ;D

Are you sure that isnt Maarten dressed up for halloween?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 20 queries.