[ RELEASE ] Damnation

Started by Arghantyl, 22 January 2014, 02:22:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghantyl

Hey buddys,here is my new creation : Damnation  8)

It s a map i ve builded for my online sessions on Duke.It s definitely designed for cooperation games but you can have fun too in single player.
Just dont forget to play it on the first skill " Piece of Cake".

I did too a nice pack of Dms i ve named "Time to kill".
It contains some of my best maps for Dukematch i ever made .

Of course before "uploading", i would like to see some feedback.
No one is immune against bad surprises   :(

CGS - Download
Another day,another challenge.

methy

Played it in Piece of Cake and didn't make it, I died against the boss. I didn't help that I played using a version of eduke32 where enemies with different palette are tougher.... Didn't help at all.

Definitely meant for coop.

Half of the map is boring half is good in terms of design and gameplay. Gameplay is boring when you're fighting tons of the SAME monster. It only becomes interesting when you're facing at the same time hitscan enemies AND projectile enemies. Design was good at the start, then became boring especially with the space part, then became totally interesting for the last area. If everything had been as good as the last area in terms of design I would have enjoyed it more.

More explosive weapons would have been appreciated, or more variety in weapons altogether. 95% of the map with only chaingun/shotgun didn't help with the boredom feeling.

I definitly think Duke has potential for such Slaughter but they should be more toroughly thought in terms of enemy choices and placement coupled with the design. But again, the last area was really good.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Puritan

Quote from: Arghantyl on  22 January 2014, 02:22:07
Of course before "uploading", i would like to see some feedback.
No one is immune against bad surprises   :(

A review is ready for upload.
Are you sure this is the final edition?
(there will be no re-uploads upon re-uploads upon re-uploads...  :D )
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

it'd been over a week with no changes or update posts so i felt safe to give it a go.

i don't think much will change with the review unless the level's given a major face lift
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Arghantyl

Sorry men,this week was lively and this get out of my mind  ::)
(It s yet better than the usual excuse " i got no time" lol)
I did another version of this map right after methy posted but i couldnt get a man who wanted to play a cooperative game ( everyone want to DM.....).

ARGH#Damnation#04

_Removed 75% of octas at hell arena for singleplayer.
_Corrected water bugs.
_Some textures fixed.
_Alien arena balanced (secret,health,ammos,respawns added).

I wanted first to thank methy for his extremly good pre-review.
I could not add tough explosive weapons;it would simply destroy the cooperative game of u can rip out an army of aliens in some seconds.
And Xduke, the port used online,crash when too much sprites respawn at same times.
But i recognize easily than making arenas and a half tons of aliens is really average even for cooperative games.
Despite the fact i got a lot of fun playing it and if i think it s the best coop map ever made for Duke;i know can do better than that and make more interesting gameplays than turning around a huge pack of aliens.

Finally,I think we can christen the new version of this map and upload it.
It s done,bodys !   :D 8) :)

;
Another day,another challenge.