News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

One floor, one map CBP project (started by MetHunter)

Started by James, 24 January 2014, 09:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

James

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7117-cbp-episode-idea-small-maps/

Just re-posting this here, the idea is to take a small map template of a single floor in a building and each mapper produce a little map based on that. It's not a huge commitment and I'm already half-way through mine, it would be very cool if everybody could take part. You don't have to make a long or detailed map or anything, but the more contributers the better!

Micky C

I've finished my section for this. So 14 mappers have expressed their interest so it's a fairly significant project. For only a few hours' work we can end up with a great product; I can easily see the episode lasting more than half an hour. Do consider giving it a go.
Wall whore.

High Treason

I was tempted to reply when this thread first went up, I'm very creative right now and would love to take part in this (as I have ideas that don't fit my own map and cannot really make use of) - thing is, I still have no machine capable of running the editor, this Core 2 pieceashit just exits to  the desktop as soon as 3D mode is called upon. Of course the laptop I was given can't run naff all either; 5 years newer than my old Presario 2100 - which could run Mapster32 in Polymost with the HRP no problem, albeit with limited frame rate - really is the most pathetic machine I have ever used.
I posted a rant on that here if anyone is bored enough to want to know the full story, January has sucked ass so far.

I shall however be returning the broken graphics card for my workstation today, if I can get a new one in before the project is finished I'll let you know - assuming this one didn't ruin my PCI-E slot... It's not like I have another machine with that interface either.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Micky C

Isn't there a public library in your area with free computers you can use?
Wall whore.

High Treason

No, they demolished it 5 years ago and turned it into some after-school youth club thing.

The nearest place is the BBC building 5 miles away which provides internet only and I have a piece of yellow paper saying I can't go in there because I circumvented the 15 minute timer. Makes no difference, those machines can't run Gens, never mind Mapster32 - plus I'd have to illegally download Duke and e-mail the map back to myself after breaking the security as they run off a KVM box (It's a bunch of virtual machines running on one server) so no USB ports are available.

Not much further than that is a library that doesn't have a single computer system installed aside from the IBM 5170 the receptionist uses.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

methy

So, considering you're releasing a new map, does that mean you can make a map for the episode now?  :P
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games