One floor, one map CBP project (started by MetHunter)

Started by James, 24 January 2014, 09:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

James

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7117-cbp-episode-idea-small-maps/

Just re-posting this here, the idea is to take a small map template of a single floor in a building and each mapper produce a little map based on that. It's not a huge commitment and I'm already half-way through mine, it would be very cool if everybody could take part. You don't have to make a long or detailed map or anything, but the more contributers the better!

Micky C

I've finished my section for this. So 14 mappers have expressed their interest so it's a fairly significant project. For only a few hours' work we can end up with a great product; I can easily see the episode lasting more than half an hour. Do consider giving it a go.
Wall whore.

High Treason

I was tempted to reply when this thread first went up, I'm very creative right now and would love to take part in this (as I have ideas that don't fit my own map and cannot really make use of) - thing is, I still have no machine capable of running the editor, this Core 2 pieceashit just exits to  the desktop as soon as 3D mode is called upon. Of course the laptop I was given can't run naff all either; 5 years newer than my old Presario 2100 - which could run Mapster32 in Polymost with the HRP no problem, albeit with limited frame rate - really is the most pathetic machine I have ever used.
I posted a rant on that here if anyone is bored enough to want to know the full story, January has sucked ass so far.

I shall however be returning the broken graphics card for my workstation today, if I can get a new one in before the project is finished I'll let you know - assuming this one didn't ruin my PCI-E slot... It's not like I have another machine with that interface either.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Micky C

Isn't there a public library in your area with free computers you can use?
Wall whore.

High Treason

No, they demolished it 5 years ago and turned it into some after-school youth club thing.

The nearest place is the BBC building 5 miles away which provides internet only and I have a piece of yellow paper saying I can't go in there because I circumvented the 15 minute timer. Makes no difference, those machines can't run Gens, never mind Mapster32 - plus I'd have to illegally download Duke and e-mail the map back to myself after breaking the security as they run off a KVM box (It's a bunch of virtual machines running on one server) so no USB ports are available.

Not much further than that is a library that doesn't have a single computer system installed aside from the IBM 5170 the receptionist uses.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

methy

So, considering you're releasing a new map, does that mean you can make a map for the episode now?  :P
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games