Debug/coordinates question

Started by Fernando, 26 January 2014, 16:19:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando

I have just began to play user maps running either the original Duke3D v1.3D or Atomic 1.5 with the cheats DNCOORDS, DNRATE and DNDEBUG, and it's quite interesting the information it displays while in use.

For DNCOORDS, I have discovered the great majority of the information it provides.
X, Y, Z are the physical coordinates of the viewpoint in the map, and A is the current angle.
ZY is the height of the viewpoint in respect to the floor of the current sector. If you jump or are in the air, this number will be other tan 0.
OG is a boolean whether the viewpoint touches ground or not.

What I have not figured out is, what is exactly TH?, since all the time I have played any user map it stays in 0.
And what is exactly the information DNDEBUG wants to provide? Anyone knows about these data?

Note that this screenshot was taken on the original Full Version Duke3D v1.3D. The information differs in the Atomic release, and don't ask about shareware for obvious reasons. :)

Thank you very much.

Gambini

DNDEBUG spits a map with the exact conditions it were taken (dead monsers, open doors, your position, etc). TH measures the player "coolness". Mine is always within the 32768/65536 range.

Micky C

Wall whore.

High Treason

If it were a signed value, 32768 would be equal to -32767 anyway.

As for TH... Probably something obscure like transport elevators, water, teleports or mirrors. I have no idea.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Fernando

Thanks for the help. As I though it would be hard to find about, I scoured the source code, and what HighTreason said about TH is partially true. It reads something of a timer delay between transporters and water sectors. The timer disallows Duke from moving until it reaches 0. That's what I actually think of.

And as for Gambini's reply, it is true, but for eDuke32, not the original DOS 1.3D version. I forgot to mention that the screenshot is from the original 1996 DOS 1.3D release, so the information it displays Locked- Lang: xxxx, Lock: xxx was the one I was wondering what it was about.

Still, thanks for all your input.