FM3X DukeMatch bonus episode (WIP)

Started by Fernando, 06 February 2014, 19:06:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

Well I hope you use that steam account, at least for your DM maps.
They'll get much more exposure and play there than they would in the rest of the Duke communities.

I don't think the upload process is as intimidating as it seems.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

methy

Seriously, you sound a little arrogant (well maybe this isn't the right word). Do you realize that you were given the game for free by the developers of Megaton themselves BECAUSE you asked for it and you were supposed to upload your maps there?

If you don't do it, what you lose is between 100 to 3000 players (I'm not exagerating anything here, one of my maps got downloaded 3000 times) and you're also breaking your word, and it might affect the developer's will to trust mappers who ask for a key of the game. He's been very kind of giving the game for free to any mapper who needed to... so far.

There is also a guide, this thread, and another thread on duke4 to help you upload the maps. It took me 5 mins to figure out the first time, and then it took me less than 2 mins per map.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

i don't think he's "arrogant". More like put off by a system he's not familiar with.

Besides, I asked for the key; i'm the one who's not going to be trusted if i pursue another one for someone else
(or even for myself if i have a change of mind about my crappy maps being uploaded there)

I just think he's missing a golden opportunity to get his work exposed to a larger audience by being timid about figuring out new system.

Fernando

Dude, it's been less than a day and you're calling me arrogant because I have not uploaded my levels yet? What the hell?
Give me time to sort things out...

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Fernando

I bought the game already... so expect me to upload my maps soon. I need to find a replacement for my portable HDD external plug UK to US convertor, since it got fucked up yesterday.

Forge

Quote from: Fernando on  06 February 2014, 21:04:03
I don't have the Megaton Edition of the game, and I have no plans into buying it...
Quote from: Fernando on  08 February 2014, 20:32:09
I bought the game already...
wait, what?

you bought it, or did you use the key i gave you?

Fernando

Quote from: Forge on  08 February 2014, 20:39:11
Quote from: Fernando on  06 February 2014, 21:04:03
I don't have the Megaton Edition of the game, and I have no plans into buying it...
Quote from: Fernando on  08 February 2014, 20:32:09
I bought the game already...
wait, what?

you bought it, or did you use the key i gave you?
I had to buy it. The key didn't work for some reason. I don't know why? I tried it with all options available for code redeem. Still, thank you very much for helping me. Hope you don't get into trouble.

methy

Well I thought that you said that uploading the maps were too much trouble (that you were trying to get other people to do it) and I also thought you got the game from Lunick.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Fernando

Quote from: methy on  08 February 2014, 21:43:49
Well I thought that you said that uploading the maps were too much trouble (that you were trying to get other people to do it) and I also thought you got the game from Lunick.
Calling me arrogant makes no sense at all. It has nothing to do with me not liking Steam or not using it.

But alas, I got the game already and I'll upload my maps soon.

Forge

i have no idea what you did on your end, but i reactivated my dead steam account (xforgex), tried the key, and it worked fine.

well, you can't use it now or give it to someone else if you wanted to. now i look like an ass to termit.

methy

Well arrogant wasn't the word, I said it, I just couldn't find the right word; I'm sorry if I offended you, this is just a misunderstood. It just really sounded to me like you came back on your mind and decided not to upload your maps anymore.

To Forge, sounds like you now have no excuse NOT to upload your maps on Megaton's workshop!

Fernando

Quote from: Forge on  08 February 2014, 22:46:58
i have no idea what you did on your end, but i reactivated my dead steam account (xforgex), tried the key, and it worked fine.

well, you can't use it now or give it to someone else if you wanted to. now i look like an ass to termit.
Well, sorry for making you look like an ass to him, but it's not my fault Steam did not want to give me the key as valid. I have many reasons as to why I don't like Steam, and that is one of them. I appreciate your effort into getting me a key to buy Duke3D Megaton though.

And as for my DM maps from here, they're up now. Crystal Glacier, Rotomotor & Beachwoods are online, so anyone can download them. A reminder though, those are temporary only, as these may be deleted once the full DM episode is complete...

Thanks everyone for all your help. Turned out it was much easier than I though.

Forge

i'm a bit embarrassed about the incident, but i'll get over it.
i explained what happened, gave him my steam account name, and told him he could delete the games off my account if he deemed it necessary and proper.

i probably won't be asking him for keys for somebody else for quite some time.

On the brighter side of things, it's good that you're getting stuff uploaded over there. I hope you get adequate and decent feedback.

Fernando

Thanks and sorry for all the confusion as well from my side.

Now, how do I make a collection? :D

EDIT: Found it how to do it. My bad.