[RELEASE] Nitroglycerin

Started by High Treason, 09 February 2014, 19:01:50

Previous topic - Next topic

High Treason

Can't test right now. The timer message is a red herring, I forgot to make it disappear and eventually decided that the player would probably ignore it.

If it let you out of the room at the end of the air vent you must have pressed use on the correct machine in that room. From there you head to the bar¹ where the exit downstairs leads to a barricade with a yellow target on it and you have to press use on that target. I would advise heading back into the door rather quickly after that though because the barricade is going to go away... That's assuming everything is working the way it's supposed to, I hope it isn't broken in newer builds because it took ages to build some of those machines and I don't fancy the prospect of having to troubleshoot them this long after making them.

¹Small piece of trivial information; That bar looks rather rude if you view it on the automap. This wasn't intentional but I never saw any good reason to change it.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

quakis

Went to the bar and see no target at the barricade below, something might have broke. :(

Just to clarify to help pinpoint what might be going wrong; after getting passed the exploding corridor I'm inside a vent. Exiting the vent I see a screen telling me to use the machine behind me, which I assume is the white-tower since it's the only thing which opens the door. Enemies spawn. Just beyond the door to my left is another machine which, to me, looks like it should have spat out the 'bomb' but I see nothing there - nor does 'using' it produce any results. Barricade still has nothing to trigger.

Do you remember which version of Eduke you tested this on originally? I can try replaying it from scratch in that one.

Forge

The review was done back in February, so I'm assuming whatever build came out at that time.

http://www.scent-88.com/reviews/N/nitro/nitro.php

this has been an unhelpful public service announcement
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

High Treason

I think it still worked in r4517. Not sure how many builds I tried it with beyond that.

One possibility that occurred to me is that the target (a yellow ring) has disappeared because the commander's missiles might have destroyed it. All I can suggest otherwise is to press the use button on each face of the barricade, the switch that sets everything off should be located towards the right hand side. It should emit an audible beeping as it counts down to the explosion if it works. 
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

quakis

Quote from: High Treason on  18 December 2014, 05:34:12should be located towards the right hand side. It should emit an audible beeping as it counts down to the explosion if it works.

Okay, that worked! Tempted to check out the 'bad ending' I've been reading about.