OVERWORLD [Map in construction]

Started by Dukebot, 19 March 2014, 23:03:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukebot

Quote from: Micky C on  25 March 2014, 01:03:51
It's looking a lot better now. Feels like there's a lot less 90 degree walls than before which is great. I think a lack of shading and shadows is holding it back though; you'd be surprised how much extra depth and 'business' some simple shading and shadows can give a map. Try to imagine the sun on one side of the map, and everything casting a shadow to one side for example.

Btw, would you be interested in joining the Duke Hard CBP? http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7117-cbp-episode-duke-hard/
You just need to grab the template, and fill in the one floor of the small building. It doesn't need to be long or complex. Something short and simple will do; it's only meant to take a few hours of your time  :)

Thanks for the advice, when I finish the basic architecture of the map, i will focus on shading.

About the Duke Hard CBP, it sounds great, I'm gonna check it right now!

Forge

if you're going to join in on that cbp, you may have to put your current project on hold.

since a few people dropped from that project you're additional map would be welcome to make up for those losses, but you're going to be coming into it two months late and may have to play catch-up and push out a level in a fairly short amount of time.

You'd have to talk to MetHy to see if too late or not
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Dukebot

I talked to him, I have a bit more than two weeks to finish my floor. So, I'm in the project, my map Overworld will wait until I do my map for the CBP.