Duke bots

Started by Tgreyhair, 06 May 2014, 15:52:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Tgreyhair

Hi everyone (I've got another problem)

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get duke bots to work on user maps and was wondering if there is any tricks I'm missing. I can get the duke bots to work on the normal maps but I can't seem to find the directory to place the user maps into. (Sorry I'm hoping this makes sense)

I have the legitimate (Duke Nukem 3d v4.2.0 High Resolution Pack portable) edition and it allows you to add fake bots which works all well but once I and click onto user maps It just does not seem to be showing. I don't think there's anywhere I can add the user maps to I got this to work a long time ago but I forgot what I done.

Another way I was looking at to get bots to work in user maps was to do with entering a command. (I don't even know how to get the command thing up or how it works, I'm noob with all this) Plus it looks too complicated.  :o

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

MSandt

If you're referring to the built-in Atomic Edition bots, they can't spawn if there are no spawn points for them. You can add them manually in the editor.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Tgreyhair

Thanks MSandt

I think it's the Atomic Editions one and from looking into to it more I was reading on another forum that you have to type in a command. (I guess I never really figured out the whole dos thing) I like my shortcut around that when I'm trying others games where I would just drag the run file onto the dos box and it works fine, no need to type in dos commands as that would take ages for me to figure out even using you tube tutorials.  ;D

I found this information on another forum I think I might give a try.

1) right click on EDuke32
2) click "Create shortcut"
3) right click on "shortcut to EDuke32" (the shortcut you just made)
4) click "Propreties"
5) in the part of the window that says "Target" add " /q8 /a" to the end of the file name
6) Click ok
7) you can now use that shortcut to play duke3d with 8 bots to change the amount of bots... replace the 8 in "/q8" in step 5 with the number of bots you want...

Hope this one works okay and helps other also.