getactor[THISACTOR].pal PA_PAL
  ifvarn PA_PAL 14
  {
    setactor[THISACTOR].pal 0
    setactor[THISACTOR].lotag 65535
  }
}
endevent

This should force it back to pal 0 as well (though visually it is taking the palette of the sector it is located in anyway) and cause the game to treat it as a proper nuke button instead of looking for a nonexistent secret level... I thought only Pal 14 buttons went to secret levels, apparently not. This code shouldn't run on Pal 14 buttons however.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Forge

since he's making his own personal episode out of user maps, wouldn't it be easier to just set the pal to 0 in the map itself?
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

anvil

This works indeed, thank you  :)
However, since this isn't a full solution, as you wrote, I'll probably encounter issues like this in the future.

High Treason

This is why I suggested code, that will run at the start of every level and thus correct any other nuke button that either isn't tagged right or isn't the correct palette. Of course if a different problem arises it should probably be possible to expand or add code to get rid of it... Or you can edit the maps as Forge suggests.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

anvil

I got another related question:
What is the code for all the items to be reseted at the beginning of each level in the episode?

anvil

I've encountered an issue when playing "military madness" map within an episode:
After I'd finished this map, which ends with an ending zone, the episode ended instead of loading the next level.

MrScienshit

I thought that was just a single map? Anyway answer
what is the episode?
What should be the next level?
Did you alter the user.con?

anvil

It's an episode I made out of user maps.
Anyway, I've solved the problem:
The next level wasn't loaded because I'd inserted its original file name which contained more than one word to user.con.
I didn't know that map's file name in user.con cannot contain more than one word.