[RELEASE] LORCH 3

Started by Sanek, 03 August 2014, 22:41:31

Previous topic - Next topic

methy

The map looks good and has potential but I feel like it lacks vision. It looks as if good looking buildings were built pretty randomly here and there with no real idea on how progression, gameplay, or even layout, should be; and that progression/gameplay/layout are consequences of the visuals.

I mean, making a good map is a lot more than making good visuals. Now that Sanek can make good visuals, imo he should focus on other aspects.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Merlijn

To be honest, I only took a quick look at this. As soon as I left the first building, I got stuck in a section that was supposed to be unreachable. So from there I started using DN-clip and just looked around a bit. But I do think this can be a better map then Lorch2.

MSandt

The map is about 60% finished. You can easily wander off into places you're not supposed to go even though there are tons of seemingly random invisible walls everywhere and blahblahblah.

I actually didn't have many problems with navigation because I used the automap a lot and the map is at least finishable (took me 14 minutes).

In any case, this map simply should not have been released in its present condition. The map also has too much potential that should not be wasted on a rushed & forgotten release. So, chill out on your holiday or whatever and start working on the map again when you feel like it.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark