[Release] Painkiller

Started by Duke64Nukem, 31 October 2014, 16:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke64Nukem

Well had to post here to for this awesome site :P
Story It's Halloween and there have been reports of evil souls and demonic figures killing anyone in there path and making them join there army of darkness.
Heavens hero or Hell's janitor Daniel Garner can't be found, word has been released that he is possessed to stay into a deep slumber forever.
There is only one person with the balls of steel to go to the demonic cemetery where it all began and find his tomb for an awakening.
Mr. Nukem has been contacted and when asked if he could do the job his only reply was "i see dead people".
Only the Painkiller possesses the weapon to collect there souls and put them back in there place.... HELL !
Mission: Awaken the Painkiller Daniel Garner by exploding his coffin in the underground tomb this will free his spirit.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3a232wvkp5vi3s2/64PainKiller.rar

CGS - review/download
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

Forge

i was wondering about the RPG behind the steeple of the last mausoleum before dropping down into the catacombs.

i couldn't figure out how to get it and when i finished it said i had found the only secret in the map.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Duke64Nukem

hehehe I actually forgot all about that rpg I put there in case someone had got stuck back there. I had that part of the map a different way originally, So now there is no need for it and is pretty much a forgotten rpg to tease you :P

Forge

the map was very atmospheric and pretty fun. I like your Turok map a hair better, but this is still a nice release.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Duke64Nukem

Well the thing with this one is I had a deadline here for Halloween. It was kind of a smaller project honestly I am more focused with Turok 2 a :) Which I am actually about 80% done with also Turok 3 ;). I took a short break from it to make this little project for today and it turned out better then expected. I also think I learned some more things with architecture here to help me in future projects to. Glad you can enjoy it though :)

Micky C

Had a look at it in mapster (I've been doing that a lot lately as opposed to playing...) and like with your other maps you're very good at making something that has a fresh look and feel. I can see some of the resemblance to the real game too. The variety between this and your other maps is also nice. No wonder you've been nominated mapper of the month :)

Having said that though, in the outdoor areas it would help if you put more time into giving perpendicular surfaces different shading, and there are occasional texture stretching issues.
Since you already have great shading otherwise (since shadows and things), perhaps you'd consider using an automatic script to do the shading work for you? Unfortunately, the mapster version still isn't ready yet.
Wall whore.

Duke64Nukem

Really good feedback buddy appreciate that all of it thanks. As for using a script i would be interested in using the one from Fox. But i honestly don't know how to do or use that stuff.

Duke64Nukem

As for the review =), thanks Forge i think you are really damn good at rating that's actually what i thought this would get !