Hogwash (Siege on Triton 3) Release

Started by Captain Massive, 19 November 2014, 10:06:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

which snapshot version are you using? might be time to consider an up/down grade
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Captain Massive

r4593 64bit I'll look for a 64 bit update, all I saw was a 32 bit debug version update last I looked.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

How do I playtest without monsters? this would save me alot of time.

I tried looking it up, but my search-foo stinks on ice.
Massive Out....

quakis

Type the cheat ingame; dnmonsters

Alternatively load you map via commandline/bat file by adding '-m' without the quotes, e.g. eduke32.exe -m -map filename.map

Forge

command line parameter

eduke32.exe -m

http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Command_line_options

here's in game console commands (there's not a monster toggle, but it might have other useful commands you can use)

http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Console_commands

-beaten to it by quakis -

Captain Massive

Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Welp I took your advise and added a whole slew of stuff, the only problem is I might have to put a freeking epilepsy warning on it now  :P
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5mn4rq

Hogwash Beta 2.0 is ready.

Changelog

Updated Hallways with trim, details and lighting (hours of work)

Added Sloped sectors outside the base

Reshaded almost everything

Made ocean sprites hitable but unblocking (time to mow the lawn)

Added Crystal ammo respawns to fire alarms

Added Reactor Core sprite signs

Fixed broken train at exit (moved touchplate inside the train)

Fixed Clipping on swinging glass door, changed msfx and made it function better (medbay)

Relpaced operating room doors with curtain doors

Added nuke symbol respawns as a hint path from the reactor

Replaced forcesphere and other stubborn sprites that were bugged

Added turret to lobby

Adjusted bathroom doors again to fix clipping (hopefully for good this time)

Added pillars to hydroponics room

Made more spawns for reactor explotion

Added Hannibal Easter egg

Lettered Sig

Tweaked fountains

Darkened Dexter Easter egg, and brightened periscope monitor

Added bar arrows and SE 50 blinking orange to exit sign, also removed trash can in kitchen (the arrows are just a joke hopefully your in good humor about it)

Allot more stuff I can't remember

Tagged secret 4 (jetpack)

Removed button from secret 2
Massive Out....

Forge

my turn to tell you i haven't had time to get to it yet

by wednesday hopefully

Captain Massive

By then I'll have allot more done so don't bother with beta 2.

I can see now why you missed that door, the room has so much going on it borders on being too busy, it blinds your perspective and its the only room I spent a week on, I might just leave it the way it sits unless it looks too gaudy.

Please let me know if anything does look gaudy or overdone so I can take it back a notch.

I've allready made allot of progress on beta 2.5, but get busy on the weekends myself with family, still I found/fixed a ton of bugs on 2.0 and rolled back to mapster r4584 and it seems allot more stable.

It takes me 45min just to run through my own map, so its better that you wait until you have ample time anyways.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

https://www.sendspace.com/file/140xn8 OK here's 2.5 I'm still working on something more for the exit or maybe just re-texture it. Too much has changed to write another changelog.

Hopefully its fun, my main concerns at this stage is framerate and fun factor, but I'm sure theres still a few bugs I didn't find yet.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

If I could get some more eyes on this it would be much appreciated, the more playtesters the better, plus I don't think its fair to lay it all on one person.

Massive out.
Massive Out....

Forge

the downside to an 'open beta' is everyone who is interested in playing it probably already has, and by the time a 'final' version is cut you won't get any feedback or response to it.

Captain Massive

Ohhh I never thought of that ??? Since I took 2 weeks off from this maybe I got a bit hasty to "git er done" not that I would let it affect the quality of my work.

Monster placement and some sections have changed enough to keep it somewhat fresh.

Hopefully I didn't break any unwritten builders sovereign codes of honor or anything, if so I apologise.
Massive Out....

Forge

you're not breaking any unwritten rule. I'm just saying don't expect a lot of replies to the final version.