Hogwash (Siege on Triton 3) Release

Started by Captain Massive, 19 November 2014, 10:06:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Massive

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rujdku Here is Hogwash 3.0 semi-final. Hopefully not to many people got the bugged beta's looking at the responces I think I'm safe.

If theres nothing wrong with this version I'll publish it and start a new project, or maybe a community project if you'll have me and theres one available.

Next map I'm keeping low key until publish, being my 1st map there were bound to be hiccups.

Also how do I publish it, is there a place to upload it or someone to send it too?
Massive Out....

LeoD

Quote from: Captain Massive on  24 November 2014, 14:52:38Also how do I publish it, is there a place to upload it or someone to send it too?
Make a [Release] thread over at Duke4.net: http://forums.duke4.net/forum/29-user-maps-level-editing/
If you have no Steam account or simply won't bother with the Megaton Workshop, it's probably best to ask MetHy to upload it for you. (Well, if it's compatible, of course.)
And I think you should use a zipfile for release, with no subdirectory.
Polymost HRP / Z-Pack: customize your HRP  |  User Map Maphacks
"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."

Captain Massive

Thanks  ;D But it has polymer so I doubt its compatible, I did sign up for Duke4.net yesterday but can't really post until its final.

And the auto subdirectory on Winrar bothered me as well, but found a workaround.

I'll look into who Methy is and take it from there once its ready, witch should be soon since I've spent more hours building than a hard core MMO player  8)
Massive Out....

Forge

Quote from: Captain Massive on  24 November 2014, 14:52:38
Also how do I publish it, is there a place to upload it or someone to send it too?
for this site. make an official release thread. i'll get it, and if Mikko wants it, he'll grab it too

depending on how the stars and moon align today, i might find a moment or two to give 3.0 a look
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Captain Massive

Massive Out....

Captain Massive

That last file has a ton of changes for the better hopefully the last save didn't delete any sprites, since it just ate a cavern fire only moments ago, frankly I'm exhausted from playtesting it, but if no sprites go haywire this map should be about as good as it gets, and since I'm getting low on walls its for the best.

Also new text and story line.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Quote from: Forge on  25 November 2014, 12:33:27
Quote from: Captain Massive on  24 November 2014, 14:52:38
for this site. make an official release thread. i'll get it, and if Mikko wants it, he'll grab it too

depending on how the stars and moon align today, i might find a moment or two to give 3.0 a look

Thanks for spending time on this, if I released the map the way it was beta 1 it would have been a shame.

I'd rather keep it exclusive to this site for while so cool.

3.0 is outdated the latest file is much better.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0xw62g
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Known Bugs              : HOM on mirrors while the barracks doors are

open, lockers on very rare occasion squish duke but is hard to

replicate (so don't push up against them just to be safe) alien

squishy door on one corner is not polymer friendly, joke door has

clipping. SFX on big door reverses if menu is entered during           

activation. 

(so don't do that mmmkay)
Massive Out....

Forge

well i played 3.0 before i seen the latest update

the little nuke symbols leading from the reactor are a nice touch

other than the corridor walls at the beginning between the barracks and the bathrooms looking kinda flat, and the underwater tunnel leading out into the big open underwater section needing a bit of wall shading (the one that leads to the open area where you can go around to the anchor with the atomic health on it); everything else looked fine for the most part.

someone at duke4 mentioned something about uploading it to megaton, you said no because it uses polymer. imo, since you bothered to implement sector shading and not completely depend on polymer, the map actually looks fine without it.

the only thing i didn't particularly care for where the invisible walls in those large underwater sections

you can also exploit the big door right after the reactor to make it open only half-way. useful to lure all the tanks right up to it and blast them through the gap

Captain Massive

Quote from: Forge on  25 November 2014, 14:20:35

the only thing i didn't particularly care for where the invisible walls in those large underwater sections

you can also exploit the big door right after the reactor to make it open only half-way. useful to lure all the tanks right up to it and blast them through the gap

Those two things I'm at a loss for a workaround unless I lock you in somehow.

That door is already is on the brink of not working. infact I tried to remake one and could not get the sounds to work the same as they do, so I'm afraid to mess with it, the forcefield around the base at least keeps the player from drifting out to sea lol.

The rest I can fix or has been fixed prior, although I might have gone overboard on the bathroom corridor.

Actually re-reading that I not sure if you meant the fact the fields are there in 1st place or their placement?

The map is becoming more unstable each edit, I might as well do some cleanup & be done with it before I break something else :o

If its the fields placement maybe I can adjust it, but last time I cut that sector the anchor had issues with it and became invisible so I had to delete and replace it in a slightly different location, I can at least try if that's the issue.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Quote from: Forge on  25 November 2014, 14:20:35
other than the corridor walls at the beginning between the barracks and the bathrooms looking kinda flat

Yea if I shade the walls with a different value around barracks that breakable light flashes black, I'll experiment with it a bit more.
I had the same problem with shading the mess hall, but wall lights are even more touchy.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

I found a workaround for the big door. I made the line after it one way blockable by making it green by hitting "/?" key on one side. is this OK because I not sure if I'd like it, lets say you forgot the medkit or something.

or..or you just want to play around the empty map, or with the big door because the sound it makes. (food for thought)

I tried a touchplate and that wont do the trick since its soooo slow.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Another way to beat the tanks is too shoot out the fans, they hold mortars to help soften them up, and ignore the drones they don't do enough damage to make a difference.

Allot of times they release the mortars on their own as well.
Massive Out....

Forge

the door exploit is not that big of a deal. the player has to know how to exploit it in order to take advantage of it. Not many people besides me are going to mess with it.

where the underwater limit walls are is fine. it's a a peeve of mine and a nitpick thing about invisible walls with no indication that it's a barrier. swim-swim-smash. broken nose. wtf?

-i didn't know about shooting out the fans. there's enough rpg & devastator ammo to take them out in a fire-fight.

Captain Massive

Cool you can expect a full release as early as tomorrow, I still need to fix a few textures and make sure nothing broke, then take some screen shots delete the beta stuff and so on.
Massive Out....