[RELEASE] Hogwash :Siege on Triton 3

Started by Captain Massive, 26 November 2014, 10:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Massive

Hogwash (Siege on Triton 3) an Underwater base, action, adventure.

Duke is sent to Triton 3 with his trusty shotgun to investigate the disappearance of the crew & quickly finds out he's not welcome there.

Your mission is to clear out any infestations with prejudice including infected crew if you so choose, gain access to Central Command and destroy the base before alien reinforcements arrive.

From Central Command you are confronted with three color coded doors Red, Blue & Yellow.

Its your choice from here where to start. witch ever path taken you must find all three buttons that exposes the Reactor Core.

Duke then must blow up the Reactor to cut power to the Forcefield and find the Self Destruct Button to the base.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=05008738952919343234&t=0500873895291934323443130

Optimal Setup           : Eduke32 polymer mode, Auto Aim off, Music 30% volume.

Most everthing has a function

Hand dryers in the bathrooms (gives pipe bombs)
Rotisserie oven (gives atomic health)
Coke machine (gives cola or small health)
Dish washer (gives armor)
Microwave (gives grow ammo)
Fire alarms (gives crystal ammo)

Every locker opens and the ladder in the sub also works, plus some
secrets I hope you can find easily (because who plays a user map more than once to find all the secrets?) that's why they are easy to find.

So if low on health, ammo, armor try using everything.

I'll post some screens below.

CGS - review/download
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Massive Out....

quakis

Download mirror: http://taw.duke4.net/files/hogwash.zip

I will eventually get around to playing this once my current backlog is dealt with. Congrats on release!

Captain Massive

Thanks  ;D
Massive Out....

Forge

i'll check it out in the next couple days. Chores and honey-dew lists keep flip-flopping around
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

methy

This is a really great map. Very nice surprise, best underwater map I've seen for DN3D (sorry Bob Avril...)
Took me 30mins and found 4/5 secrets.

I don't have time for a full commentary right now but I'll make one at some point.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Captain Massive

30min beats my best time, but I was checking every sprite to make sure they stayed in place.

I haven't played any other user maps in quite some time (at least twelve years I believe), I avoided doing so to develop my own style.

I should probably take some build downtime and check some out.

Thanks for the complement it was allot of hard work.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

I just noticed I spelled Triton wrong not once but twice, I was really burnt trying to wrap this up, ack I also did it on the read-me.

Doh... and I spelled Hogwash wrong, could someone please fix that?

I was up all hours and probably seeing double by then sorry  :-[
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

http://forums.duke4.net/ will not allow me to start a new topic or edit my profile, I feel odd posting that here but have nowhere else to turn.

I tried resending validation but its the same.

I have adblock, ghostery, ad-flyskipper & HTTPS everywhere running, could this be interfering?
Massive Out....

Forge

Quote from: Captain Massive on  27 November 2014, 01:41:16
I just noticed I spelled Triton wrong not once but twice,
Doh... and I spelled Hogwash wrong, could someone please fix that?
fixed. now it looks like i've been tinkering with everyone's posts because of the modified topic line.
and i hand-jammed the fixes in the templates, so that won't be an issue when i get around to doing the review

Quote from: Captain Massive on  27 November 2014, 02:21:32
http://forums.duke4.net/ will not allow me to start a new topic or edit my profile, I feel odd posting that here but have nowhere else to turn.

I tried resending validation but its the same.

I have adblock, ghostery, ad-flyskipper & HTTPS everywhere running, could this be interfering?
maybe if something is blocking scripts.
if you've disabled all those browser plugins and it's still giving you problems, you should log-in, go to hendricks' or terminx's profile, and click on sending them an email and tell them what you're trying to do and any messages you're getting with the problem.

Captain Massive

Thank you sooooo much Forge  :)

That was an epic mistake on my part.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

As far as Megaton Edition goes it will require me to make a separate release just for that, two things right off the bat stand out.

1. The cooler (last screen shot I posted) would be pitch black.

2. Reactor 2 sprite is not compatible and would need to be changed to reactor 1.

And who knows what else I did exclusive to EDuke32.

I might make one in a few weeks if I feel up to it.
Massive Out....

Captain Massive

Quote from: Forge on  27 November 2014, 04:31:54
fixed. now it looks like i've been tinkering with everyone's posts because of the modified topic line.
and i hand-jammed the fixes in the templates, so that won't be an issue when i get around to doing the review

It also says everthing instead of everything:o  (on Most everthing has a function)

And I ran a spellcheck but it did not pick up on it for some reason.
Massive Out....

methy

Quote from: Captain Massive on  27 November 2014, 01:30:38
I haven't played any other user maps in quite some time (at least twelve years I believe), I avoided doing so to develop my own style.

Try BopSP4: Sub Species which shares a similar theme.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

Quote from: Captain Massive on  27 November 2014, 06:02:50
It also says everthing instead of everything:o  (on Most everthing has a function)
that gives it character. only three people on the planet read those things (myself being one of them)

Quote from: Captain Massive on  27 November 2014, 01:30:38
try It Lives by Gambini