Maps from CGS added to workshop

Started by Duke64Nukem, 17 December 2014, 00:40:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke64Nukem

Well if you did not know yet we have a steam account here for CGS, specifically for posting DM maps to the workshop. This way I am able to check them out for a possible review plus adding some good maps for people to enjoy.The reason why it is dm maps is because there are already trusty guys posting alot of SP maps no need to end up getting tangled with posting the same map. We had 4 maps posted before today but 4 more have been posted today.
Link to the profile (if you want to be friends with us xD) is http://steamcommunity.com/id/Scent-88
Link to it's workshop page (where you can get an overview of all of the maps posted) is http://steamcommunity.com/id/Scent-88/myworkshopfiles

I make this post for a few reasons.
1. So everyone can view the maps
2. So it's easy to keep track of what is being added
3. In case an author/mapper wishes to have his map removed they are able to see if there map has been added. Easily just say so and kaboom it will vanish trust me no problem doing, that would take 2 seconds.
4. If a map is already posted to workshop and you know it please tell me as it's hard to keep up with so many

This is just another small step to get some more quality on the workshop  :)
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

Duke64Nukem

Maps added 9-29-14
*Highschool by Alexander Leitloff (Desperado)
*Street by Lado Crnologar

Maps added 10-10-14
*Space Showdown by Alejandro Glavic
*MSDM5 by Mikko Sandt

Maps added 12-16-14
*Doomed Duel by Arghantyl Aryostaz 
*Spaceship to fix by Arghantyl Aryostaz 
*Asteroid by Pain & ChpC
*Equake3 by John Corleto

Duke64Nukem

Map added 12-19-14
* Ground Rester: The jet field forest by Ryan Rouse (Quakis)

Micky C

Does this have to be exclusively for DM maps? Can some maps, for example the Red series, be uploaded as well?
Wall whore.

Duke64Nukem

Well if i get time to look over sp maps in Megaton to make sure they work plus I know alot of what makes it crash hehe But my time is really short and Methy already does a good job posting good maps. With the dm map i just have to make sure they don't crash within 2 minutes and if there's the right amount of spawns or if there's spawns at all in some cases lol. But imagine be fairly tough for me to sort through what should be posted when it comes to sp while building one and trying to encourage dm hehe. If people submitted them and knew they worked I dont see a problem with it as long as everyone's okay with it :)

Duke64Nukem

I do plan to review over some of the maps i have posted here it just takes some time :) but i have played them there have been some really good DM maps from you guys and maps on this site good job. Like this map it's not made for 8 players at all but hey you cant be upset hehe I seem to grade the maps on base of 4 players anyway. But what more can ya ask for 8 players is madness I heard of the 16 player all that stuff but 8 Dukes is madness enough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqe6qwh0nlw&list=UUdKLw3Hz7395We-15wrUZAw

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

quakis

Never thought after all these years anyone would actually play that awful map online! ;D Looked incredibly chaotic - thanks for the video, was fun seeing how that actually plays out for the first time.

Duke64Nukem

Oh no problem and yes it was chaotic with 8 players but with 3-4 it's a different game plan good map. Also you can thank Forge or Puritan for me finding this map since it was put on to this site and that's how I found it :)