News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

[Release] Duke64Holiday

Started by Duke64Nukem, 25 December 2014, 08:13:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke64Nukem

Hi CGS thought I tell you I made a map for the holidays where I set the time limit for release today. Check read me for important info. Thanks for checking out my maps here *Needs Nuclear Winter expansion grp* http://www.mediafire.com/download/53gg5s4ogpyivxl/Duke64Holiday.rar

CGS - review/download
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

MSandt

Pretty fun, nothing remarkable, but thanks for saving Duke's Christmas!

http://msdn.duke4.net/hotduke64holiday.php
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Duke64Nukem

Thanks man i think that is my first map there heheh arghhhhhh i Drink beer now Mikko is drinking again probably to do one of my maps heheh. Anyway appreciate the time taken for that feedback and review thanks I agree with most of it  but you don't think the cabin stuck out a bit ? hehe neither the caves ? :D all I mean is not something you see alot caves and outdoor areas are taken lightly for the most part I haven't seen much. There are a few people iv'e seen try make the outdoor nature or cave/terrain special in few ways either wide open space with distant detail or in view detail you can react with plus there is a combo of both at times. Also I know this map is probably pretty basic hehe with a few surprises but I tried to make them special 11 days to make but I put alot into those days :D And well I had the inspiration for arghhhh to release a map for merry arghhhmas i had a set deadline hehe twas 11 days :P This probably be one of my most random maps even the story of it hahah i just wanted it to be a little gift instead of coal you get a map heheh glad you played though and hope it saved Dukes christmas that's great to hear cuz duke64 he need vacation or he go nuts with explosive shotti thanks Mikko

Arghantyl

Cool level indeed  :D

The outdoor areas are pretty nice and the layout fits really to the boss fight.
It's a humble map which gives 10 mn of fun.

But it s too easy : too much health and ammo;floor palette bugs could have been easily avoided;the custom enemys miss me and some architecture and texturing choices are odd.

Awaiting another version  ;)

Another day,another challenge.

Forge

a bit on the small side, but the constant flow of action kept it entertaining.

a bug in the game with the fat snowman commander; if you shoot it with the freezer, you can't kill it.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Duke64Nukem

Thanks appreciate that very much. Yeah I noticed alot of weird things with this expansion man for starters the pigcop is tile #2002 instead of 2000 and santa appears as the pigcop tile 2000 which is really weird so in order to have a working santa you need to place the pigcop tile 2000. There were a few other things that were very strange and freaking me out hehe and yeah it's like freezing the commander snowman puts him out of sync or something lmao i have heard of out of sync in mp but in sp man it was worth the humor at times to mess with this thing and wasn't to bad though

Arghantyl

Yeah coding and level design is very cheap in this add on...
The only cool things are the new graphics ,especially for modders and the boss who is really pretty fun.

I ve found recently they didn t even wrote their own Midi musics.
It 's public materials you can found on many websites lol.
I wonder if it 's even legal to sell them.
Another day,another challenge.