[Release] Beach CBP

Started by Micky C, 26 February 2014, 09:42:30

Previous topic - Next topic

underTaker

Wow, I feel like a superhero for finishing it in 25 minutes, although it may be not too accurate as I am one of the people working on it :P

I'd like to ask you for opinions for the dock area - as I didn't really like that section of mine.

Merlijn

Just played it - holy mother of God what a big map! The beach-sections looked great, really liked the sand texture and the sunny theme. Gameplay reminded me a bit of Roch Island, which was also huge and constantly threw hordes of monsters in your face (including big octo/liztroop waves when the player reaches higher ground). This level is more polished then Roch Island though.

The level got a bit exhausting towards the end, but I managed to play it in one go. The last battle screamed 'DNF' but it was a nice way to end the map I suppose.

Only real criticism I can come up is that some of the indoor locations looked rather plain and bland, but the outdoor scenery compensated for that. Also liked that cavern section with the alien structure, that was pretty interesting.

Overall: great level, it worked well as a cohesive piece. On par with Metropolian Starlight I'd say. :)

Micky C

The Beach CBP has been revamped for the AMC TC (for the Classic Collection). It's mostly a visual change with gameplay being more or less untouched other than some enemies having a bit of a custom attack. Still it's essentially the definitive version of the map and would be worth another shot when the new episode comes out soon.

Wall whore.