(RELEASE) Akrotiri:Blessing

Started by Arghantyl, 04 January 2015, 16:18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghantyl

Quote from: Duke64Nukem on  11 January 2015, 22:36:01
Yeah for visibility I think it's 240-255 that works but there could be more that i'm unaware of but I think visibility is okay and probably just could of used more wall and floor shading. I played it a second time and did notice some cool things within the map one being the flowers near the trees those were cool as hail. Also the textures you used are great for the style you were aiming for. Maybe if you added more structures inside the areas it would feel less boxed in. But none the less I think the map is pretty damn fun and built fairly well. I like how the walls have structures on them and once again have good fitting textures for the theme.

Thx man.I 'm working currently on the shading and the outside area with some success. A valuable update soon.

Quote from: Duke64Nukem on  11 January 2015, 22:36:01
One thing I can say is I don't really like the all blue room very much it's confusing, difficult, and plain also doesn't really go well with the theme to much. Some reason when I open that and jump through the blue portal I keep thinking that the map will end as that would be perfect situation to continue and make a part 2. I really like how you got your portals made to those are fresh to jump through.

This is really relevant.
Since i'm gonna make one sequel or 2 , there's no link between this and the next start.

I shall admit than the blue pal was a way to rush the map because i was exhausted (I ve worked this in 10 days,8hour minimum).
But now i m refilled,i have few ideas of improvement like putting 4 black obelisks wich will go down when the boss will come.
No way than i erase this ,i will just remove the pal setting and make an antic building surrounding this area.
It will be the starting point for the next map :p
Another day,another challenge.

Micky C

8 hours per day or 8 hours over 10 days? If so that's not a lot of time, although you may be taking into account an excessively busy job or something like that.
Wall whore.

Arghantyl

Quote from: Micky C on  13 January 2015, 11:46:07
8 hours per day or 8 hours over 10 days? If so that's not a lot of time, although you may be taking into account an excessively busy job or something like that.

I didn't count my hours so i ve just said 8 hours like the minimal amount per day or the average.

I was in holiday and i wanted to release before the new year.
I was in crunch time and i've worked it sometimes 13 hours in a single day for sure but i cant easily remember when this cruch time began or ended,just i ve paused during christmas day and new year.

I am also currently making mapping sessions 1H15 per day,just time to hear a cd so my map will have the new version at the end of the week.

Arghantyl

It has been more than 1  week but i ve been a bit too optimist toward the amount of work required.
Oh and yes since i dont play anymore DN3D online ,my map stayed stuck in my hardware with a development near 99%.

Fith versions :

_Large parts entirely redone.
_Shading enabled.
_Redundant respawns deleted.

Puritan

Nice shading on the second shot  ;)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise